Knight of Converse - Chapter three

Knight of Converse
Chapter three

SOLEILS MAEBH COLLINS AMBROSIUS!

“Ugh! Ten more minutes…” I groaned and shoved my head under my pillow. It couldn’t be seven already! I felt like I had just gotten comfortable five minutes ago. God I hated mornings. And everything else that came with them. Including school. But except breakfast. I couldn’t smell waffles; so really, there was no point in me actually making the effort to wake up.

“Soleils you better get yo’ ass down here right now! You got some explaining to do young lady!” Dad’s voice boomed up the stairs. Man that guy has a loud voice.

Explaining to do?

My brain wasn’t fully functional as it was morning, so instead of thinking up excuses for whatever it was that I had done, I just rolled out of bed and slumped downstairs. As I hit the last step I noticed that the front door was open. The cold gust of air that whipped into my face shocked me awake, and suddenly, I remembered.

My car.

Oh crap.

I sheepishly walked out into the driveway and made a big show of being tired. I yawned widely and stretched my arms above my head, then put on my biggest ‘I love you daddy smile’.

I was done for.

“Morning daddy…”

“Don’t you morning daddy me! What the hell have you done to your car?!”

“I can explain?”

“Start explaining.”

I scratched the back of my head trying to form an idea of what to say. No… I had nothing. It was too early to think straight! “…Uhh…”

He glared at me with the no-nonsense look and I inwardly sighed. I had no idea what I was supposed to say. ‘I met this psycho killer that just happened to be carrying a sword and decided to stab my car.’? He might as well smack the black out of me now.

He paced up and down muttering to himself and then finally shouted. ‘Ida!”

I groaned and tilted my head backwards. “Why do you have to call on mom?”

“Girl you better shut up!”

I scowled and looked down at the gravel. He was the most annoying disciplinarian known to man. He treated every small matter as if we were in a court room! Not that this matter was small per se… and let’s not forget the important fact that he was actually a lawyer. I groaned again. I was never going to be allowed to drive again.

“Ida come on out here and see what yo’ crazy ass daughter’s been doing to her car!”

“I didn’t do it!”

“Shut up!”

“But I didn’t!” I complained.

“Do you know how hard I worked to get you this car?! You can’t just go around wrecking it whenever you feel like wrecking it! Do you even have a job to be paying for repairs? Do you even know how much repairs cost?!”  He turned to pace again with his back to me and raised his hand up the air, shaking it. “Uh-uh, I can’t do this. I can’t deal with this. I can’t! Ida!

Mom strolled out into the driveway with her golden silk pajama robe on and newspaper in hand. She gave my dad the ‘what now?’ look which made him automatically point at the car then point at me. She gave the car a proper glance, raised her eyebrows and then looked at me and gasped.