Knight of Converse - chapter fifteen

A/N: SORRY FOR THE DELAY. I HOPE YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER, AND WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO FIND OUT! EEEP. ENJOY, AND THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT. I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY DEARLY, AND AM SO GREATFUL TO HAVE HIT THE 10,000 MARK! YOU FANS ARE MY WONDERS!  THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO ALL_INDIAN_REJECT FOR BEING THE FIRST TO REPLY TO MY FAN MESSAGE! I DO STILL LOVE YOU ALL. XD

SARA

XXX

Knight of Converse

Chapter fifteen

Sometimes I like to think that I would prefer life if everything was predictable. But I suppose what makes it exciting is that anything could happen. Until, I suppose, things get dark and ‘anything could happen’ jumps from winning the lottery to being the sole reason that a deadly curse has been released, killing off people in your town.

There’s always got to be a bloody catch.

I was seated in Math, right at the back, with my hood drawn up over my head, completely obscuring my face from view. It was the last lesson of the day, thank God. I looked around the classroom, feeling as tired as I had ordinarily become over the weeks, and wondered about the lives of the chattering students around me. The sound of laughs had me wondering where mine had gone. Where was my laugh? Where was the carefree Sol? The wild me, with big crazy locks of hair and a constant wide grin etched onto her face? A few weeks ago I was the talk of the crowd, with Danny, the start football player as my boyfriend, and my eccentric troublesome ways. Now, everyone seemed to be repelled from any talk of me. Was it because I was going crazy? Could they sense that I didn’t want them here? I didn’t want anything but I wanted everything.

I didn’t know a thing anymore.

“I can’t wait until the Fire and Ice dance! It’s going to be the best we’ve ever had!”

“I still don’t have a date…”

“Oh, come on, lighten up. You don’t need a man to make you happy!”

The three girls huddled a few seats away from me giggled at each other while they planned what they were going to wear to the dance. A sudden spike of anger lit up in the pit of my stomach, and I screwed my face. I wanted to do that. I didn’t want to be concerned with anyone else but myself anymore. I was tired of being responsible. For goodness sakes, I was only a freaking teenager!

I snapped my head to the left and saw the familiar figure of Kellie Hannagan—the school slut may I add—pass by outside the classroom. I wondered what she was up to now. What reason would she have to be out of lesson? Well apart from needing to compulsively empty out the contents of her fat free yoghurt and celery sticks lunch. Okay, that was harsh. But I didn’t care.

My interest would have momentarily been lost if I didn’t see Duran following straight after her. Why was he with her? The bubbling annoyance in my stomach rose as I thought of Kellie throwing herself at Duran. Obviously, she would have had to be doing so for him to even have the slightest interest in her. I raised my hand, overwhelmed with the urge to see what they were up to.

“Yes, Sol?” Mr Parker called.

“I need to pee.”

“The lesson is over in thirty minutes, surely it can wait.” He continued with his lecture.

Ugh! What a douchebag! I ought to shove that whiteboard marker up his arse. I raised my hand again.

“Yes, Sol?” He called again, becoming impatient. I resisted the urge to flip him off.