Chapter 32 : Not All Stories Have Happy Endings

I guess Rick looked around and saw my home, well my garage and bedroom empty and figured something out.

Y/N's POV

"I..." I sighed once again looking down for a second before lifting my face up looking at everybody.

"I'm leaving." I said acting like I wasn't bothered, though I was. I wasn't ready to leave these people yet but I had to. To protect them from any more harm... And me.

Rick who stared wide eyed at me furrowed his brows setting the box with the cake in on the coffee table and storming off into the garage probably.

Beth came up to me grabbing me by my shoulder looking sad.

"Are you really leaving? Why? When?" She said worry and sorrow on her voice. I can tell everybody was eagerly listening for an answer. I took Beth's hand in mine and gave her an assuring smile.

"I'm moving back home, I don't want you guys knowing where I am so please don't let Rick track me down. Morty, " I looked at Morty with  pleading eyes."Don't take your eyes off Rick, take care of him for me okay? " I said making Morty tear up and nod slowly. I looked back to Beth.

" I'm doing this for all of you. Please understand. I can't explain anymore cause I know you guys will guilt trip me out of it, but I'm not letting you. " I said giving out a sympathetic smile to everyone. My eyes darted at Jerry.

" When I come back and your still here you're dead, got it? " I said glaring at Jerry with a threatening voice to which he gulped and backed away and nodded, I smiled at Beth again turning her around to face her family. I leaned to her ears.

"If you ever succeed at fixing things with this shit head tell me before I even get a chance to. " I said teasingly making her giggle a bit and sighed sadly. I shot my head up and looked at summer.

"Summer, keep on doing you." I winked at her making her smile sadly and sniffled.

I sat Beth on the couch and bent to her level.

"I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm not really good at goodbyes so I might not come over for one... But please take care and be careful. " I said holding both her shoulders making her sigh again.

"Is there anyway we can get you to not leave?" Beth asked pleading as she teared up. I shook my head.

"No.." I said standing up letting go of her shoulders I turned around to see Morty basically wet with his tears. I walk up to him and wiped his face.

"I'm not coming back so I suggest letting Rick erase all your memories of me. " Morty pushed me lightly and shook his head vigorously.

"N-NO! I-i'm not letting you g-get, get erased from m-my mind. " He said. Knowing he would decline I stood properly towering over him as I gave him an intimidating look.

"Too bad. I already had that planned." I said backing up one step. Morty looked at me confused and I can feel the others behind me do as well.

"What do you mean Y/N?" Summer said her voice cracked a bit. I looked at them sympatheticaly once again but composed myself.

"I slipped something in your glasses. A pill that'll erase only your memories of me. It should take effect within, " I look at my watch." 30 minutes. I don't really need too much time to try and say goodbye since you will forget about me anyway. " I said looking back up and saw Jerry sigh a relief.

" Except for you." I said pointing at him making him looked shock, jumping at my own interjection

"I made sure all my threats circle your mind, you'll probably go crazy hearing MY voice in your head circle like it's demons trying to make you commit suicide, so goodluck on that. " I huffed and brought my hand down. Jerry jumps out of shock and started panicking holding himself like the goddamn baby he is.

I walked to the front door leaving the four in the living room in shocked and crying state, I sighed and thought I should say something to Rick too. I headed to the garage door. It was closed and locked so I knocked.

"Rick?" I called to him but only heard bottles rolling on the ground. Drunk already? I sighed.

"I'm sorry....goodbye Rick." Was all I said before walking away from the door.

"I love you." I whispered looking back at the door a tear escaping from my eyes. Wiping it immediately and walked out of the house leaving all the people inside a crying mess and one probably drunk to his ass.

Timeskip to tomorrow

I woke up and made sure I had every machine and inventions packed in my watch and my clothes in my duffle bag. Walking outside I saw Morty walking from their house heading to school with a smile. I felt my chest tighten but smiled as the boy looked over to me and smiled from across the street walking pass Rick's garage.

Seeing Rick open the garage a confused look on his face as he lifted the door up above his head. He scratched his head and looked around his garage. I saw several bottles of beer, whiskey and scotch, it made my chest tighten even more as I walked behind my house fighting back my tears.

Eventually regaining my composure I equipped the portal gun stolen from B-065 I set the coordinates and shot a portal. It was now purple and had streaks of green not the usual green since I had improved it a few days back.

I looked back at my house and through the window I could see the Smith's house and in the garage was Rick tinkering with another machine. I sighed looking down and put one foot in the portal.

"Not all stories have happy endings." I whispered looking up a sad and pained expression painted on my face before stepping through the portal fully.

And mine sure as hell doesn't.