Chapter 25 : Differences

Rick's been avoiding me for quite some time now. I'm kinda curious on why, but I guess it isn't my business. He does what he wants.

Y/N POV

I just finished changing into my black tank top and navy blue ripped jeans. Walking downstairs I decided to pay a visit at the Smith's. I stepped into my sneakers and jogged across the road eventually reaching their door. Beth said to just go in since I've been here more often than I, well we expected.

I walk to the kitchen expecting Beth to be there and bingo bongo she is!

"Hey Beth, whatcha doin'?" I said in a sing song tone and chuckled lightly. Beth turned around from the stove. It was still early so she's probably cooking up breakfast.

"Oh hey Y/N, I'm just preparing breakfast." She said turning her attention back to the stove. " You're here early, you need something? " She added. I sat on a stool near the counter staring at the road through the window.

"Nothing really just trying to enjoy another day in your place, since this place ain't dead unlike mine. " I said with a chuckle making Beth do the same.

" Well you're always welcome here." Beth replied turning off the stove and placing the contents in a plate.

"Yeah, plus I enjoy your guy's company especially when I need to talk, you're the best person for that." I said now staring at Beth who was setting up the table in the other room. After some time Beth ushered me to sit. I smiled and nodded.

"Are you sure you're not here just for the food?" She said jokingly and laughs lightly. I chuckled as well "Maybe~~" I said jokingly as well making the both of us laugh. After some time we both settled down and Beth sat on her usually spot at the table.

"Well now that you're here what's the problem this time?" Beth said resting her arm on the table and smiling at me from my spot next to her. I rubbed the back of my neck.
"You know me so well Beth." I said chuckling nervously as Beth made and 'I do' face and chuckles.

"Well um.. Im sure Morty already told you about um.. " I paused looking down shyly.

" Oh about you and dad? Yea Morty told me. So what happened? Did dad do something stupid?" Beth said her smile turning into a frown on the last part. I jerked my head up.

"Oh no no no. Rick didn't do anything wrong just um.. " I said waving both my hands in protest and placing it back on on the table.

"He's been avoiding you. We know, he's been very distant towards you lately we noticed it as well. We don't know what's going on either but I bet he'll explain himself eventually. " Beth reassured placing a hand on my shoulder. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah maybe he's just been busy and couldn't talk. I'll let him for now. " I said though still worried. Beth gave me an assuring smile and let go of my shoulder.

"So.." I started seeing that no one else isn't up yet.  " How's the thing with Jerry?" I asked. Beth had been planning on divorcing Jerry for some time now. I mean of course she will he's been a jerk, a dumbass, a shit for brains and boring crybaby. So who wouldn't divorce him?

"Been having some trouble, the ass had been guilt tripping me to going on with divorce. " Beth sighed clearly frustrated.

" Well if you want I can shove up soms knowledge into that empty brain of his. " I said jokingly but still had a serious tone, I've been helping Beth with this for a about a week or two now. Though she still hadn't have the opportunity to talk to Jerry about it. Jerry had a feeling that everytime Beth would talk it'd be something bad so everytime Beth tries to talk to him he'd change the topic just to guilt trip Beth.

"I appreciate that Y/N. Thanks, you've been such a huge help and a great friend to this family. " Beth said obviously relieved about my offer. I smiled and gave her an assuring nod.

Moments later the table was filling in with the other family. Rick was the last to come down. He greeted Beth with a kiss on the forehead and just looked at me. I smiled though not to show my sadness. I looked over to Beth who had a sympathetic look, I smiled and shrug making Beth sigh.

After eating I ushered Jerry to talk out in the yard.

"What do you need Y/N?" Jerry asked confused. I sighed.

"Apparently you've been guilt tripping Beth to something you still haven't known about. " I said crossing my arms over my middle and glaring at Jerry.

Jerry gulped, scared that whatever I was gonna talk about he can't escape. He sighs and looks down.
"Yeah I know something was up but I didn't know what, so.. I've been avoiding her about it." He explained himself tears now rolling down his cheeks and falling to the grass.

I sighed once again and let my arms fall to me side. "Look Jerry," I started,
"Beth, she's been planning on divorcing you." I said simply. Jerry shoots his head up looking at me more tears flowed his face asking 'what' and 'why'.

"You've been a jerk lately Jerry especially now that you were guilt tripping Beth, she just wanted to talk it over. But now that you've actually made a dumbass jerk and shit for brains off of yourself I believe nothing can't change her mind now. " I said furowing my brows and boldness in my voice. " I think now is the time you give up and talk to her one last time as your husband, cause the next time you'll just be the guy she divorced." I finished shoving a finger at his chest and shoving him towards the glass sliding door leading to the living room where Beth was waiting.

Jerry let out a shaky sigh and walk towards Beth. I went after and walk towards the garage hoping to talk to Rick myself. As I passed the two I heard them, well heard Beth talking angrily at Jerry while he stood there crying his ass off.

As soon ss I walked in the garage I met with Morty who was standing by the door facing Rick's back. Morty turned around and greeted me. "H-hi Y-Y/N" he said smiling. I smiled back.
"Hey kid. Look I need to talk to you grandfather could you give us a minute? " I told Morty. He nodded and exited the garage after telling him not to go to the living room since his parents were talking about something.

I walked over to Rick who was busy fixing up something I grabbed his shoulders and rested my chin on his right.
"You've been distant lately. Did I do something wrong?" I asked straight to the point. He sighs, stops what he was doing and face me. I took a step back waiting for a response. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighs.

"Look Y/N, I, I think we should just end it here." He said almost sympatheticaly. I was confused. "What?" I asked. What did he meant by ending it here? I look at him his eyes was just staring at the ground. That's when it hit me. "Oh.." He meant ending our relationship.  I heard him sigh.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I know I'm b*urrrpp*being an ass b-because of this not that I'm already and ass. B-but I just d-don't feel like I, I shouldn't be wi-with you. " Rick stated. Was he trying to make an excuse? Of course he is. He's Rick. I felt my throat burning up like I was choking on something my eyes daring to let the tears fall out.

"Y-yeah, sure." I just said and walked away towards my house. I manage to hold it together until I was back alone in the house.

Once I shut the door the tears went falling down like Niagra falls. I had my back on the door slowly sliding down as I let my tears fall from my cheeks to the ground. "Fucking bitch."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Yo heyyyy I'm ending it there for now. If you guys read this I'm actually working on another book that's why I haven't updated recently though I promised I would, I was just busy is all. Anyways,

Byeee~~~