~Chapter 23: A Fluffy Friend~

Zaks POV:

"Hey Mega?" I said while we were walking.

"Yeah?"

"Howd you know it was me?" I asked.

"My bunny? Well like I said, I know how he acts," Mega explained, "And that was much different than usual."

"I guess that makes sense," We sat down in the grass of his backyard. It was a small opening with woods behind it.

"I'll go first," Megas eyes began to glow like times before. The ground shook below us. Suddenly we were lifted into the air on the small platform.

I looked over the edge, the ground far away from reach. "This is cool, it's like were on a little island in the sky."

"Yeah," Mega said. We descended back down and the ground merged back with the chunk Mega had pulled up. "Now you go."

I nodded. I tuned into my surroundings. My senses heightened and I could feel every little thing. But there was one in particular that caught my eye. I could sense a bigger animal among the squirrels and small rodents.

I stood up and walked to the edge of the woods. I kneeled down, hoping whatever it was would come to me. And it did. Out of the bushes came a dog. It had curly white fur, though it was covered by dirt and leaves.

"Awe, look at him," I patted its head, "I wanna keep him."

"You can if you want, but he could use a bath," Mega stood beside me.

"Yeah, I know this was short, but can I go take care of him?" I looked up at Mega.

He shrugged, "Sure."

"Okay, let's go doggo!" I started walking and he followed me. I put him in the back of my car and started driving. I hope Darryl wont mind. I dont really want to walk in on anything with Vince and Clay.

I stopped outside Darryls house. Letting the dog out of the backseat I walked up to Darryls door. I knocked, hoping he would answer.

The door swung open, "Oh hey Zak, you didnt tell me you were coming over."

"Yeah, sorry bout that," I said, "Do you mind if I take care of this dog?"

"Awe," He looked down, "Of course you can, but why couldn't you do it at your house?"

"Uh," I laughed awkwardly, "Vincent and Clay are doing some stuff."

"What stuff?" Darryl said, confused.

"You know..that," I tried explaining.

"No I dont know that, what do you mean?" He asked.

I sighed, "You can be so innocent sometimes."

"What? Just tell me what it is."

"Vincent and Clay are fucking," I stated.

"Language!" Darryl said, "Wait there doing what?"

"I'm not repeating myself," I facepalmed, "Mega got it without me having to say much, and hes younger than you!"

"Whatever, lets go clean up this doggy," Darryl said.

We walked inside and to the bathroom. He was a bigger dog, so I struggled a bit when getting him into the tub.

I turned the water on, making sure it wasnt too hot. I got him wet and grabbed some soap to clean him. After I was done, I dried him off.

"Such a pretty coat, where'd you find him?" Darryl asked.

"He was just in the woods behind Megas house."