~Chapter 9: New Faces~

I awoke in my bed, my alarm beeping loudly. Groaning I turned it off and sat up. Changing out of my pajamas, I thought to myself.

Wait, did I dream last night? I dont remember being a dog like I usually do. Maybe I forgot..? Did I stop having that dream?

I was slightly sad I stopped having the reoccurring dream, but I guess it was nice to have something different. Walking out of my room I went to get some cereal.

"Morning Vincent," I greeted.

"Good morning," he replied.

Grabbing the box of munchy's cereal next to him I poured it into a bowl, then adding some milk.

"I got a job at the Walmart close by, so I'll be heading out soon," Vincent said, standing up.

"Really? That's where I'm going too!"

"Oh, what a coincidence!" Vincent said, kind of surprised.

Finishing my cereal I grab my stuff and leave with Vincent to my car.

"We might not always have the same hours, you should get your own car soon Vince."

"Yeah, I thought about that."

We arrived at the Walmart, stepping out of the car. Walking inside, we made our way to the manager's office.

"Hello, you two," Dave said as we entered his office.

"Hello," We both say at the same time.

"Come, I have two other employees who will be helping you two get started."

Leaving his room, Dave called over two other people over to us.

"Zak, Vincent, this is Clay and George."

"Hey," Clay said.

"Hi," said George.

"George, you'll be helping Zak here, and Clay you help Vincent, okay?" Dave explained.

We nod in agreement and I follow George.

Vincent's POV:
((Woah, a change in POV? That's knew.))

I follow behind Clay as we walk toward the back of the store.

"So, this is where storage is kept for restocking. Obvously since we're back here, are going to be restocking different sections of the store,"
Clay explained to me.

"Alright," I nodded. I grabbed some cans and other things and when to the aisles to put them in place. After setting the last one down I must of spun around to walk back too quick because I knocked right into someone.

"Ah!" They said as I fell to the floor.

"Ow," I groaned.

"Vincent? Are you okay?" They asked as I opened my eyes.

I looked up to see Clay standing over me, "yeah, I'm okay," he puts out his hand for me to grab and I do so. Standing up I regained my balance.

"Okay, I thought you were hurt, you landed pretty hard," he explained.

"Yeah, it hurt a bit, but I'm okay," I replied.

We talked there for a bit when I saw Zak and..George, was it, stop walking and stare at us. At first I didn't understand why they thought this was weird but I then quickly noticed me and Clay were still holding hands.

"U-um, Clay?" I whispered to him.

"Yeah? What's up?" He asked.

"You can uh..let go of my hand now," I told him.

"O-oh! Right, sorry I forgot," Clay said quickly pulling away, a light red color appearing on his face.

I looked back over to Zak and George and I see them smirking at each other and then look back at us. Feeling my face become hot I give them the finger and turn away. Do they think we're gonna be together or something? We just met, geez. Walking back to the storage room I gather some more food to stock.

Zaks POV:

I was just walking around the store talking to George. Our job at the moment was to just walk around and see if anyone needed any help finding things.

As we walked past yet another aisle George stopped me. I turned to look up at him and he pointed into the aisle. Turning, I looked to see Vincent talking with Clay. I turned back to George, slightly confused, "They're just talking, what's weird about that?"

"No, look at their hands," George corrected me.

Looking back I looked down to see them holding hands. I saw Vincent look over at us for a second, but then back to Clay. I kind of giggled, looking back at George.

"I always thought Clay was gay," George laughed. We both turned back and I smirked at them. Vincent flipped us off, turning away to hide his obvious embarrassment. Then it dawned on me, Clay's gay, but is Vincent, too? Vince never said anything about being gay. Maybe this ship wasn't going to sail.

"George, sorry to say this, but, I've been friends with Vince for over a year and he's never mentioned being gay," I explained.

"I see.." George said, "But, did he ever say he was straight either?"

"Well- no," I said.

"Then he could very well be gay, if he's never specified. It's harder to come out of the closet for some then you may think," George finishes, "I myself, am pretty open about my sexuality. I haven't told you yet have I, I'm pansexual."

"Oh, I see. So you think Vincent might be gay?" I asked.

"Well, I dont think he's straight," George laughed, walking away.

I turned back to the aisle, but Vincent and Clay were already gone. It made me think a bit, Clay and Vince do look pretty good together. I wonder, does George has a boyfriend. And myself, lonely, forever without a girlfriend nor boyfriend. Wait- boyfriend? No Zak, you're friends might not be straight but you've never thought of boys in that way...right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, Its Midnight!

Thank you for reading the 9th chapter of Dog Dreams!

Well isn't this getting good now ;))

Sorry for not updating in so long! I wasn't feeling very good and had a lot of schoolwork..

Anyways, wow! Thank you for over 1,000 reads and over 100 votes <33

Bai! _/(•w•)/'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~