~Chapter 6: Accepted~

I awoke once again to the familiar feeling of the dog bed. Sniffing, I lifted my head, looking around.

It's the same place alright, now where's that guy? I'm mean, my owner I guess.

I stand up, this time having better control over my movements. I walked around the room, making my way to the corner with the computer setup. Sure enough, there he was, sitting in the chair.

He was talking to his screen, a mic laying in front of him.

"Go to the purple side you muffins!!"

Muffin..that term sounded familiar, but my idot dog brain couldn't process  where I remembered it from. I barked, wanting attention.

"Oh, you're up! Hey, you guys wanna see one of my dogs?"

Is he recording something?

"Okay, come here puppers."

He picked me up, putting me on his lap once again.

"Here she is!"

He looked down at me patting my head. My ears perked up quickly as I heard the sound of some kind of robot voice through his speakers.

"Sksksk, and I oop- and I oop-: aw your dog is so cute!"

Wait, that sounds similar to the sound of a donation, like from a stream. Is he streaming? Atleast they think I'm cute.

I smiled to myself, but the sound of that donation- did he choose that? Someone controlling the donation sounds probably set it to that.

"Yes she is very cute."

Even as a dog, I felt my face slightly heat up. No one had really ever called me 'cute' before. Though, I'm not me right now either, I'm a dog.

"I also give her pickle chips sometimes."

He took a chip out of the bag sitting on his desk handing it to me. I bite it, eating it quickly.

"Well I'm gonna put her down now."

He picked me up off his lap, setting me down onto the floor. I wined slightly, feeling colder without being on his body.

I yawned, walking back to the dog bed. Lying down on the soft, fluffy bed I drift back off to sleep...

~~~

I opened my eyes, turning away from the sun rays that were leaking in from my window. Sitting up from my bed, I look down at myself.

I'm a human again. What weird dreams. This is the second time in a row, and it seemed as if it was just continued from the last.

I shrug it off, getting up and changing into something clean. Sitting down at my desk I decided to check my emails. Clicking on one, it opens and read:

To Skeppy:

We have accepted you application and have scheduled an interview date for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. If you cant see me during the decided date, we can reschedule the time.

Sincerely,
Management of Walmart
(Yes, hes applying to work for Walmart, personally, I think its fitting)

I was surprised, I could maybe actually get a job! The date was scheduled for a couple days from now, I hope I do good.

~~~

I looked myself over in the mirror, fixing the collar of my blue, button down, plad shirt.

I look pretty presentable, I think

I smiled, pushing away -or atleast trying to- nervous thoughts. I got in my car and drove to the Walmart.

I got out of my car, closing the door. I started walking, making my way towards the building. Opening the door I went to the nearest employing and asked if they knew where I could find their manager. They pointed to a door, back in a more secluded area of the store. I walked to the door, knocking once I came to a stop.

The door opened and someone looked out. "Ah, you must be Zak Ahmed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! It's Midnight!

Thank yous for reading the 6th chapter of my book Dog Dreams!

Also thank you for over 200 reads! Ily!

If you have any suggestions or constructive criticism, please put it here!

Bai! _/(•w•)/'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~