~Chapter 16: A New Face~

Zaks POV:

"You better eat quick we have work today," Vincent said once we made it back to the house.

"Oh right! I totally forgot," I hurried to the kitchen and shoved a poptart in my mouth.

"I mean, we had a bit of time but okay," Vincent said.

"Whatever, I'm ready now so let's go," I mumbled with my mouth full.

"Okay, let's go to the car."

After driving to the Walmart I walked inside, Vincent following behind me. I saw Clay wave to Vincent as we walked past.

"Guys, can you all come here for a second?" Dave said. We gathered around. "We have a new employee today," He explained, "Mega? Can you come out?" Dave looked behind himself.

A small brown haired boy peaked out from behind him. Part of his face was a darker color, and he had a green scarf covering the lower half of his face.

"Hes a little shy, but hes been looking for a job for a while. So I thought I'd give him a try," Dave said. Mega waved at us, walking out a bit more.

"Does he speak?" George piped up.

"He hasn't yet, Mega can you say hi?" Dave turned to him. Mega shook his head. Taking a peice of paper he wrote, I dont like talking, but I can.

"Well you can work in the back okay? You wont have to talk much working back there," Dave told him. Mega nodded, making his way to the back.

We all went to work after that. I was stacking some shelves near the back. I felt like I was being watched. It's like could feel someone's presence

"I know you know I'm here," Said an unfamiliar voice.

I turned around. It was Mega. "I thought you didnt like speaking?"

"I dont, but I could feel your aura," Mega said moving closer.

"..Aura?" I said confused.

"You don't know about it?" He looked suprised.

"No, what do you mean aura?" I shook my head.

"From your power, cant you feel mine?" Mega pulled down the green scarf covering his mouth.

"I mean I could feel that someone was here, so I guess so?" I said, "But what do you mean power?"

"Your power, do you not know it?" Mega said.

"No? What's yours?" I questioned.

Mega's eyes glowed and suddenly I couldn't move. My eyes widened in shock. Things started to move off the shelves and float in the air. Everything then went back and I had control of myself again.

"That," Mega stated, "I can manipulate things around me with my mind."

"Thats..that's incredible, I didnt know that was even possible!" I beamed.

"Well, I'm one of the only ones who can do that, so it's not that normal," Mega said, "And I've had a lot of practice, it's not easy from the start."

"Really? How hard could that be?" I said.

"I couldn't control it much in the beginning, but then I could float a few things, then multiple, and my most powerful thing is holding things like animals and people like you, in place," Mega explained, "Next is being able to move people without their control."

"Wow, that's kinda scary," I said.

"Sure, if you use it for the wrong reasons, now what's your power?" Mega asked again.