~Chapter 20: Mysterious Powers~

Zaks POV:

I drove quickly to Darryls house.

"Zak please explain! I'm so confused, why do you need to see Rat?" Darryl said.

I ignored him, shutting the car door behind me. He unlocked the door for me and I went inside. I need to figure out how to do this.

I saw him go to his room to get a shirt. Rat was laying on the living room floor. I stared at her. She perked her head up and looked at me.

"Rat, speak to me!" I said.

She barked. "No! Words! I need to understand what you're saying!"

She shifted her head, confused. She barked at me again. How do I do this?

"Zak dont yell at her, shes gonna get scared!" Darryl came into the room.

"But I need to know what shes saying!" I said.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, "You cant understand what dogs are saying Zak."

"Yes I can!" I said, "I just need to figure out how."

"Zak, I think you might be ill," He said concerned, "Maybe you should see a docter."

I shook my head, "No, I'm serious Darryl."

"Its not possible to talk to animals Zak," He doubted me.

"So? It's not possible to suffocate someone with their mind right?"

"Well- wait are you one of them?" He looked.

"No! I would never hurt someone like that," I told him, "But I think I do have a power."

"What? You can interact with animals," He said.

"Yes, but I dont know how."

"How do you know it's real then?" He asked.

"O-Oh.." It felt awkward to tell him I was his dog, "When I fall asleep, I'm able to control your dog. Like I'm in her body."

"What?!" His eyes widened.

"Yeah..I'm the one who ran into the tree," I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Wait, so it only happens at night."

"And early morning if I'm still asleep," I explained.

"So when I was watching your videos late at night that one day..that was you?!" He looked embarrassed.

"M-Maybe," I laughed, "I was flattered though, having you enjoy my videos so much."

"Well, how do you talk to her," He looked to Rat, who was just staring at us.

"I dont know, maybe I just need to focus."

"Okay," Darryl went silent to allow my full attention on Rat.

I watched Rat, trying to block out any other noises.

"Why is this human staring at me?"

I stared at Rat, shocked.

"What is it?" Darryl said.

"I think..I heard her," I replied.

"Great, first he decides to inhabit my body, now he listens to my thoughts."

"Hey! I'm just trying to learn my power," I said to Rat.

"Im sorry I'm supposed to be fine with a human taking over my body," I swear I saw her roll her eyes.

"Geez, whys your dog got such an attitude," I said.