~Chapter 17: The Party~

Zaks POV:

"So, you inviting Darryl to the party?" Vincent asked.

"Sure, that would be fun," I said. I pulled out my phone and called him.

"Hey Zak what's up?" I heard Darryls voice.

"Someone I know is having a party, wanna come with me?" I asked him.

"Sorry Zak, parties arent really my thing," He told me.

"Whaaat, come on please. It'll be fun!"

"I don't even drink Zak, I'm not interested," He said.

"Then you can make sure I dont do anything stupid. You wouldnt want me to get hurt, would you?" I smirked. He cant say no to that.

I heard him sigh, "I guess you're right. Fine I'll come with you."

"Yay! I'll be over to pick you up in a bit!" We said goodbye and I hung up. "Vincent Darryls coming."

"Okay," I heard him say from the other room.

~~~

Soon enough, it was time to go. Me and Vincent hopped in the car and I started my drive to Darryl. When we arrived I knocked on his door.

I smiled looking up at him. Walking back to the car Darryl got into the back.

Stopping at Jacob's house I could already hear the music coming from inside. Making our way to the door Jacob greeted us letting us in.

"Hey there, dont think I've seen you before," Jacob said to Darryl.

"Oh, I'm Darryl, Zaks friend," Darryl said.

"Nice to meet you, hope you have a good time!" And with that Jacob went back into the crowd.

I looked around for Vincent but I couldn't see him. He must've found Clay. There were other people I didnt know here aswell. From where I was I could see three people I didnt recognize.

One had a blue hoodie on covering his face. Another had dark brown hair and was wearing sunglasses even though we were inside. The last one had a white T-shirt on.

I felt Darryl grab my hand. "Something wrong, Darryl?" I turned to him.

"Like I said before, parties arent my thing," He looked uncomfortable.

"Sorry, I shouldnt have pushed to have you come," I said, "You look pretty uncomfortable."

"No, it's fine. Like you said, I dont want you to do anything dumb," He replied.

"Okay," I smiled, "I'm gonna find the food." I walked over to the table where there were chips and drinks. I shoved a few chips in my mouth and poured myself a drink. Taking a sip I felt the tang of the alcohol going down my throat.

Darryls POV:

I looked back to where I thought Zak was only to see he had disappeared. I looked around for him quickly but couldn't see him anywhere. Maybe Vincent's seen him.

I again looked, this time for Vincent. I saw him once but lost him in the crowd. I sighed, giving up. I leaned against the wall, hoping I'd spot Zak eventually.