Chapter 20

A few days went by and it was finally Wednesday, I was to resume work today. It was wierd but I felt nervous resuming work.

Maybe it was because, I had something to lose this time around. Knotting my tie and slipping on my dark blue blazer, I grabbed my bag and made my way out of the chalet to my car.

I got in and drove to work. The car was not bad, I parked at the car lot and walked into the building.

A few people stared while others ignored me as I headed to my work station. Setting my bag on the work table.

"Welcome back!!!" Amaka cheered walking in with a cup of coffee in her hands.

"Thank you" I replied smiling as she offered me the cup.

"So what did I miss?" I asked leaning against the wall.

"Nothing much, except Abdul's transfer to the Lagos branch" she said casually making me choke on my coffee.

"He got transferred?" I asked coughing, trying to expel the liquid.

"Yeah, he kept badgering Mr Adebayo so he got angry and had him transferred to Lagos and his suspension got extended to a whole month" she explained laughing.

Yikes. I would hate to be him.

I chuckled shaking my head before powering on my system.

"Oh that reminds me, Seun needs your help with something. He'll be over in an hour or two."

"Okay. Thanks for the coffee." I smiled. She smiled back leaving.

I waited for the system to finish booting before I got to work entering the Client's information on the system and making sure the figures corresponded.

Seun came in a few hours later and we worked on it. His phone kept on buzzing but he ignored it.

"You wanna get that?" I asked.

"It's nothing. Probably alerts from my sister's school. They send them all the freaking time." He said rolling her eyes.

"What school is that?" I asked curious.

"Golden Oaks Academy" he answered. "Where is that?"

"Asokoro" He replied.

I nodded filing away the information for later before pushing the thoughts to the back of my head, grabbing a pen and going over the document.

                    *******************

I parked my car in front of the school. The name of the school engraved in gold.

Golden Oaks Academy.

The building reminded me of an English boarding school, in a way it reminded me of my school and I couldn't help but smile.

Good memories.

I walked into the school, dodging running children in their grey and white uniforms. I had called the school earlier and they had given me an appointment. A woman in a suit approached me.

"Mr. Abubakar Abdullahi?" She asked.

"Yes. You must be Ada" I answered recognizing her voice.

"Yes sir, how are you?"

"Good. You have a very beautiful school"

She smiled "we try our best. Should we start the tour now?"