Chapter 31

It was finally Friday, I had been contemplating the decision to move back to my parents house  for a day or two.

I was tired of staying in the house and being assaulted by memories of Yasmin. It was draining.

I made my way to the main house, Hajiya was seated in the living room. I sat on the sofa before turning to her.

"Good evening Hajiya" I said

"Good evening" she replied.

"I have something I want to discuss" I started. She switched off the TV and turned her attention to me.

"What's the matter?" She asked.

"I want to move back home this weekend."

There was a long silence before she cleared her throat.

'Are you sure? Last time you moved back home, it didn't end well."

"I... I can't stay here Hajiya, everything reminds me of her and it hurts, a lot. I can't deal with it." I replied trying to stop myself from breaking down.

"If that's what you want"

I nodded "Thank you"

I got up and left her to her show walking to the chalet to start packing. I wanted to be home by Sunday morning.

I spent Saturday cleaning the house, I could have called a cleaning company but I needed something to get my mind off her. Najma came over to help. With a hug and a be safe from Hajiya, I got into my car on Sunday and left for my house.

The first night was wierd, it was quiet, no Yasmin laughing, no noise from the tv. The whole house was just silent, quiet, empty. It made me realise how lonely my life was.

My routine didn't change, I went to work, worked myself to exhaustion and drove back straight home... until Tuesday. I found myself succumbing to temptation. I drove to Mrs Balogun's house during my lunch break.

I didn't go in, I didn't have to because Yasmin was coming down from a school bus. The dull pain became fresh. Mrs Balogun had changed her school, something about not being able to afford the other school. I had told her to take money from Yasmin's trust but she insisted on keeping the money till Yasmin was older.

The blue and white uniform looking very adorable on her. I wanted to get out of the car and hug her. I wanted to take her home with me. I watched as the security man opened the door and she got in.

I switched on the ignition and drove off. Work was the last thing on my mind right now. I dialled Mr Adebayo's number and he answered on the third ring.

"Hello Abubakar?"

"Hello sir. It seems as if I am coming down with something, can I have the rest of the day off?" I asked

"Go ahead. You have been diligent these past weeks. Rest well"

I cut the call and drove home, my car came to a slow halt when I saw my gate was wide open. I frowned wondering where the security man was and why the hell he would leave my gate open. I hissed parking the car to the side and walking into the compound towards the security house.

I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I knocked harder, still no answer. I tried opening the door and discovered it was unlocked.

I pushed it open and my eyes widened at the sight of the security man sprawled on the floor. I stepped into the room, kneeling and placing a finger on his pulse. It was steady, I sighed in relief before getting up. I exited the room, thinking of getting my phone from my car when I noticed my front door was opened. Shrugging off the sense of danger that overwhelmed me, I walked into the house. The place looked ransacked.

what the hell?!

"Don't move" a voice growled. I raised my hands up in the air as the person walked in front of me, wielding a knife.

"Your phone!!!" He demanded

"It's in my car" I replied. "Car keys" he barked. I dropped the car keys and kicked them over to him. He picked them up.

"Search him" he ordered. I frowned wondering who he was talking to when I felt another person shoving me. He frisked me but didn't find anything.

"Show us where you keep the money." He demanded.

"I don't have money in the house." I answered. He snorted "Don't fucking lie to us, big house like this and you are telling us there is no money." He snapped.

I rolled my eyes in irritation.

"I said I don't have any money in the house." I snapped back. The other person shoved me forwards and I almost lost my footing.

I felt all in anger in me snap and I whirled around to the other man.

"Watch it asshole" I snarled. The man growled and pushed me. I pulled my fist back about to punch him when a sharp pain made me freeze. I looked down and saw a dagger embedded into my side.

Fuck

The man sent me sprawling to the floor with a punch to my jaw followed by a kick before he wrenched out the dagger and plunged it in again, the  excruiciating pain erupting in my stomach had me almost blacking out. I grit in pain as I felt the sharp serrated edge of the knife pierce me once again.

"Dude let's get out of here!!!"

I felt the pressure leave me, the pain seemed to be intensifying. The edges of my vision darkening, I fought against it. I couldn't, I wouldn't... not like this.

Pressing a hand to my bloody stomach to stop the bleeding I staggered to my feet nearly falling back from the pain.

Looking around, I noticed they had dropped my car keys in the scuffle. I picked it up, almost passing out from the pain.

I staggered out of the house each step felt like a mile, I grit my teeth as the pain got worse. Thankfully my car was still outside, I dragged myself into the car, fighting off the wave of dizziness.

I put the car in drive and started driving. I had to get to a hospital, I shook my head getting rid of the dizziness. I took a left onto the main road, my vision went black for a milli second I heard a crash as a car rammed itself into mine. My head hitting the steering wheel as the glass window shattered onto me. The car spun and I could hear the blaring horn of another car before my car flipped forcefully as the second car rammed into me.

I blacked out momentarily and the pungent smell of smoke brought me back, making me cough violently. I had to get out of the car. I slowly pulled myself out through the window, crying out in pain as the shattered glass bits dug into my injured stomach.

Lying flat on the asphalt, I stared up at the sky, a hand on my stomach trying to stem the bleeding.

All the chaos and the blaring horns all seemed to disappear. I continued staring at the sky, my mind trying to make sense of everything.

Was this it? My final curtain call?

My mind went to Hajiya, I wondered how her reaction was going to be, Najma and Khalifa too? Suls, Farida?... Yasmin...

Poor Yasmin

The stars twinkled beautifully and I couldn't help the tears that escaped. The cool Abuja weather made me shiver or maybe it was just the blood loss.

Dark shade blobs appeared in my vision and I frowned wondering what was obstructing the view of the beautiful sky. I tried to blink them away but I noticed they kept on increasing and my eyelids grew heavy.

The hand trying to stem the bleeding, flopped to the side, I didn't have the energy anymore. My eyes got heavier and heavier and I just gave up.

How ironic was it to die the same way as my parents?

---------------------

A/N

I have no idea who to hide behind right now...

Do you guys think this is the end for Abba?

Let me know what you think in the comments.

Share, vote

Sarahxx