Epilogue

"We have arrived sir" the driver announced as the car slowed to a stop. I peered through the window at the tall commercial building made up of concrete and glass, the light gleaming off it. My palms were sweaty, the tie suddenly felt tight around my neck. I adjusted it, buttoning up my blazer.

Come on Abba. Stop acting like a wimp

The car door was opened by the valet.

"Good Morning Sir" he greeted.

"Good Morning..." I glanced at his I.D "Ebuka." I replied. He smiled as I got out of the car and made my way to the entrance. The security man smiled at me, I smiled back as the glass door automatically slid open.

I walked into the air conditioned foyer towards the elevators. People stopping to greet me. I greeted them back and got into the elevator to the top floor.

The secretary was waiting and quickly directed me to the board room. My parents' lawyer, Baba Mohammad, Hajiya, Khalifa and another member of the company were present.

"Good morning Hajiya" I greeted her, she smiled patting my cheek affectionately.

"Good morning Abubakar" she replied.

I sent Khalifa a smile, happy he was here and he sent me one back.

"Good morning Gentlemen" I greeted shaking hands with each of them. We settled down and the lawyer pulled out a booklet from secured looking box before passing it over to me.

The black booklet had the company's logo stamped on it. I traced it smiling before opening it.

This is to certify Abubakar Abdullahi as the new Chief Executive Officer of Abdullahi Group of Industries. All roles, duties and responsibilities of the position shall be passed onto him by virtue of the aforementioned section of The Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020.

I skipped the fine prints as Baba Mohammad had emailed it to me while I was still at the hospital and I had read them. Moving over to the dotted line, I picked up the pen and my hand wavered before I took a deep breath.

This changes everything.

Bismillah Rahmanir Raheem.

I signed the contract.

FIN

    ****************************************