Chapter 22

"Mr Adeyemi says we have a meeting by 3pm" Amaka said popping her head into my cubicle.

"What? 3pm. That's when I have my lunch break." I groaned.

"Sorry. He kept raving about how important the meeting was." She explained.

I let out a sigh thinking of how I was going to get Yasmin to her uniform fitting. Remembering my conversation with Najma, I dialled her number immediately. She answered on the third ring.

"Hello Abba." She greeted.

"Hello Najma. How are you?" I asked.

"Fine, Alhamdulillah. What's up?"

"I'm stuck at work and I need someone to take Yasmin to her school uniform fitting." I explained.

"That's not a problem. I'll take her. Just text me the details." She replied.

"Thank you so much. I owe you one"

"No you don't. Yasmin's one of us."

I ended the call and sent her the details. It was almost 3pm so I started getting ready for the meeting.

                 **********************

It seemed like lady luck was on my side as the meeting ended earlier than I expected, not only that but it ended with a win for us. Mr Adeyemi happy about this, gave the entire team present for the meeting the day off after offering to take us for lunch.

While the rest agreed, I declined and decided to head to the fitting. I had texted Najma and she told me they were still at the place.

I drove down to Wuse 2 where the house was located. It was a large brown coloured house with a sign on the gate.

Zeco School Wear.

I guess it must be a branch of the UK owned company. I pressed the horn and the gates swung open, driving in, I dialled Najma's number.

"I'm here" I said.

"Okay. Let me get one of the attendants to bring you to us. This place is like a maze" she muttered.

I chuckled at that and waited in my car till I saw a woman in a trouser and a polo with the words Zeco School Wear stitched to it.

I got out of my car as she approached me.

"Mr. Abubakar?" She asked.

"Yes, that would be me." I replied.

"This way." I followed her through a side door and down a narrow hallway. Najma was right, the place was like a maze. She finally came to a stop infront of a door.

I opened the door and Najma was kneeling on the floor in front of Yasmin trying to keep her still as the woman took her measurements.

"Hello" I said closing the door behind me.

Yasmin immediately turned to me, the frown on her face disappearing. Najma had to keep a firm grip on her to stop her from running towards me.

I smiled at her before taking a seat.

"She kept on asking about you" Najma said as the woman finished taking Yasmin's measurment.

"Oh, you must be her Abba then?" The woman asked turning to me.

"Yes, that would be me" I grinned opening my arms as Yasmin launched herself into me. I hugged her placing a kiss on her hair. She kept her face buried in my shirt as I rubbed her back.

"So what's next?" I inquired.

"Well, I'll go check our stock to see if we have her size and then she'll try it out. If it needs amending then we'll have it amended." She explained.