Chapter 3

The smile left my lips as she continued to stare at me; I stood there feeling like a fool.

“I brought takeouts, Woks and Koi” I tried again. She just continued staring. I sighed.

“Najma I’m…”

“I forgot what you looked like, I had to browse through my memories of us” she cut me off giving me a smile.

It wasn’t one of her mega watt smiles but at this point I would take whatever I got.

“Come in” she said standing aside for me to pass. I walked in and she closed the door before leading me to the living room.

“Babe what took you so long?” Khalifa asked his eyes on the TV. She rolled her eyes before tapping his head and gesturing towards me. I awkwardly stood there as Khalifa’s eyes widened.

“You’re alive?!!!” he exclaimed. I chuckled “It’s good to see you too.” I replied as I sat down placing the bags on the coffee table.

“The only reason I let you in was because you said you have food and Khalifa and I were feeling too lazy to cook.” Najma said pulling the bags towards her and pulling out a box of chicken noodle soup.

Khalifa also pulled out a box and I did and we ate, watching the game. After the meal, I offered to clean up but Khalifa stopped me.

“So why are you really here?” He asked, Najma gasped slapping his thigh.

“What? It’s the truth, we were both thinking of it. I just decided to voice it out”

"Can't I come see how my two favourite people are doing?" I asked leaning back against the couch.

Khalifa snorted in disbelief and I rolled my eyes at him.

"So you just remembered us after how many months?"

"Khalifa just let it go" Najma cut in.

"Come on Naj, he doesn't visit or call us for months, then he comes waltzing in and you expect me not to ask him why?!!!"

"Khalifa" she warned.

"He behaves like a freaking leech not to mention he is out of control"

"And what's that supposed to mean?" I asked getting to my feet. Najma threw her hands up in frustration and stormed out the room.

"Exactly what I said. You are out of control and you need to get your shit together."

"I didn't come here for a lecture. If I wanted someone to tell me crap I would have gone to the asshole keeping my company from me!!!" I snapped glaring at him.

"You mean the person stopping you from bankrupting your parents' company because if it were left to you, there won't be any penny left since all you do is chase skirts and party. You are so fucking irresponsible" he sneered.

"Fuck you. I'm not going to stand here and listen to your lectures." I grabbed my keys and turned to leave.

"That's it, leave and go crash a party since that's all you are good at" he goaded. I resisted the urge to turn around and sock him in the jaw. Najma would never forgive me if I did that.

I slammed the front door behind me and stormed to my car. I got in, taking a deep breath to calm myself, not that it helped.

"Shit!" I shouted punching the steering wheel, I turned on the ignition and drove off.

Going to the house had turned out to be a huge mistake, I was more restless than before. I badly needed a distraction. I dialled Stacey's friend's number but it went straight to voice note.