Chapter 2

There were days when I forgot I had a job and the days when I remembered I do.

Today was one of those crappy days when I remembered I had an equally crappy job.

I made my way into Platinum Insurance, a frown evident on my face.

"You finally remembered you are employed" an annoying voice sniped. I rolled my eyes and turned to face my co worker Abdul.

"And you are still annoying as fuck" I retorted walking to my cubicle with him hot on my heels like a roach.

I passed one of the interns and sent a wink her way,  she bit her lip trying to hide a smile.

"I really don't know why Mr Adeyemi keeps you on board. You don't contribute anything to this comp..."

I spun to face him fed up with his incessant chatter.

"He can't fire me. I can do whatever I want and he won't ever fire me. You know why? Because I am Abubakar Abdullahi Barde so get off my fucking case Abdul" I warned.

"You really think he can't fire you?" Mr. Adebayor, Mr Adeyemi's assistant, said from behind me.

I rolled my eyes turning to face him.

"I don't think, I know" I smirked shoving my hands into my pockets.

His eyes hardened and I knew he was tempted to inflict severe damage on me but he couldn't. My family had his boss by the balls.

Coward.

"You have a query to answer from HR" he said before walking away.

Whatever.

"Well my mood has totally been spoiled." I murmured shoving Abdul aside with my shoulder as I made my way to the exit.

I got into my car, checking my messages. I opened Stacey's snapchat story and was assaulted by boobs spilling out of an itty bitty bra with a caption clearly directed at me.

Don't you wish you took me home?

I rolled my eyes and tossed the phone to the passenger seat. Today was beginning to feel like a boring day, I decided to head to the polo club to while away time.

The drive to 1212 Polo & Turf Club was a long one but it was worth it. The brick walls of the entrance loomed over like a palace, it was truly a sight to behold.

I parked at the lot, walked in and decided to go riding, I hadn't gone riding in ages and it was the best way to pass time.

I walked to the locker room, there were a few people there. Those that I was familiar with sent a nod or wave my way and I responded the same way.

I got suited up and walked to the stables, being
part of an influential family and having a lot of cousins who loved riding horses, we had horses at the stable for personal use. I had one of the attendants set up a horse for me.

After he was done, I got on the horse and rode out onto the field. Riding always had an effect of clearing my mind. I had no idea how long I rode until I felt someone near me. I looked over to see Ammar.

"Hey stranger."

"Ammar, how have you been?" I asked.

"Stressed, taking over a business is harder than it looks" he sighed.

Ammar was just like me, he lost his parents and ended up inheriting their company but unlike me, he didn't have a money grabbing leech trying to usurp his inheritance.

"I can imagine" I murmured staring straight ahead.

"So what are you up to these days?" He asked.