15

=3RD PERSON POV=

Minghao stood there in shock that Mingmei's first word was 'papa' and that she called Junhui that. Meihui's cries got louder which snapped him out of his daydream. "Uh oh come in! S-sorry about Mingmei.." He opened the door wider so Junhui could enter. "Oh it's o-okay. Don't w-worry.."

Junhui entered the house awkwardly but at the same time he was worried for the baby upstairs. Minghao turned to look at him. "Could you h-hold M-Mingmei while I go g-get Meihui? P-please?" Junhui nodded. "Sure" Once he grabbed the baby, Minghao ran upstairs.

Junhui felt guilty. Taking care of a baby is a handful, imagine taking care of two at the same time? "Pa..papa!" Mingmei giggled grabbing Junhui's shirt tightly. He smiled at the baby in his arms.

He looked up to see Minghao coming down the stairs holding Meihui. He heard Minghao talking cutely to the baby. "Is my baby hungry?" The baby giggled in response. Junhui's smile widened.

After a few minutes, Minghao came out of the kitchen and patting the baby's back until she burped. "mama!" Minghao smiled and kissed Meihui's nose.

"I'm sorry about that.. uh is there something you need?" Minghao asked nervously because his ex-husband was right in front of him, in his house, and holding Mingmei in his arms. "I actually c-came to a-ask if you w-would like to go o-out w-with me? Like a date or something! However you want to call it.." Junhui stuttered out and Minghao's eyes widened. "I— um s-sure?" He wasn't sure but he still agreed.

Who knows? Something good might come out of this. Right?

Junhui smiled again and spoke again. "The girls are cute. They look like you.." obviously he could tell they had some of his features but the girls mostly looked like Minghao. "I mean duh. I gave birth to them." Minghao joked even if he was internally panicking. Junhui chuckled lightly.

"Oh! How rude of me. Do you want something to drink?" Minghao asked and Junhui nodded. "Do you want coffee?" Even though it was the afternoon, Minghao knew Junhui was always up for a cup of coffee. (*cough* foreign swaggers *cough* NCTzen *cough*)

Junhui nodded. Minghao placed Meihui on the playpen that was located in the living room. "Can you place Mingmei there? Please?" Junhui hummed and placed Mingmei in the playpen with Meihui.

Minghao came back and gave Junhui his coffee. He took a sip from it, smiling. Minghao still remembered how Junhui liked his coffee. He stared at Minghao for a while.

He could have had a happy family right now. A beautiful husband and two precious daughters, but as we all know, life doesn't always come out the way we want it. Life takes twists and turns. In the end, your prize is based on how hard you worked for it.

Junhui wanted his family. He was going to work very hard to prove himself. No, he won't just say it, he was going to show it. Why? Because Minghao is a gem, a diamond. Precious and delicate looking yet very strong. He wasn't going to let this opportunity slip away. Minghao is his other half, his soulmate. Minghao was someone Junhui could share his problems with and not feel uncomfortable or forced. Minghao understands him in a way no one else can. Of course, Junhui was a dumbass for hurting such precious diamond, but he was planning on fixing it.

"Junhui..?" Minghao waved a hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his thoughts. "Huh?" He asked confused. "I said if you could give details on when this whole date is taking place?" Minghao smiled softly. "Oh uh I was thinking tomorrow? The girls will come too.. if that's ok? Dress casual!" Junhui explained and Minghao listened carefully. Nodding, he turned his attention back to the girls who kept playing with random stuffed animals.

Junhui checked his watch. "I'm sorry but I have to get going." Both males stood up and walked to the door. They bid their goodbyes. Junhui walked towards his car and once he started the engine, he pulled out the driveway and left.

Minghao closed the door and sighed. "Oh dear.. what have I gotten myself into? Hopefully, I did the right decision.. I don't want to get hurt again nor do I want the girls to get hurt.."

=============================
Happy late birthday to Hoshiiiiiii! 💗🥺

=============================Happy late birthday to Hoshiiiiiii! 💗🥺