04

=3RD PERSON POV=
=One Week Later=

Minghao woke up feeling nauseous once again. Getting up, he went to the bathroom.

After he came out, he grabbed his clothes for the day and changed. He added finishing touches and went down to eat breakfast.

On another area in the house, however, lies  Junhui still in bed. He woke with a headache. "I shouldn't have drank last night.." He didn't feel like going to work. Junhui decided to do the work from home.

He got up and went to the bathroom to change. After he finished, he went downstairs to eat breakfast.

Both Junhui and Minghao made eye contact but broke it immediately. Junhui sat down on a chair. "I'm going to work at home today." He told Minghao, hoping to start a conversation but Minghao only stared at him and nodded.

"I actually have something for you..." Minghao got up and went to his room upstairs. This, of course, sparked Junhui's curiosity. Coming back down, he had papers in his hands along with a pen.

"What's that?" Junhui asked with his eyebrows furrowed. Minghao slowly gave them to him. "Divorce papers." Junhui's eyes widened, he saw Minghao had already signed it.

Junhui feared this day, he could barely sleep at night thinking that this moment was going to come. He just expect it to be so soon.

Junhui sighed, he couldn't do anything to stop this moment from happening. "Pass me the pen." Minghao passed him the pen he was holding. Junhui signed the paper with shaky hands. "Thank you.. I'll also be leaving the house today. My lawyer will call you regarding the whole courthouse thing. Don't worry, I don't intend on taking anything away from you other than my freedom. Goodbye, Mr. Wen." Minghao got up and went to his room.

Junhui just watched Minghao practically run up the stairs. "He had everything planned.." Junhui whispered. "I'm sorry Mr. Wen.. I'll go help Mr. Xu.." he saw a maid, Lisa, go upstairs. That was the only name he remembered out of all of them because he once spotted her and, what he assumes was her girlfriend, called out her name quite loudly.

Junhui sighed, his appetite ruined. He got up and went to his home office. He entered feeling horrible.

Minghao on the other hand felt like crying. He was leaving the person he loved the most but what could he do? He preferred his child to have one parent and live happily than his child having two parents and live in an abusive household.

"Mr. Xu?" He turned around to see Lisa. "Oh- hey, do you need something?" "N-No I came to h-help you p-pack." He nodded with a small smile but it didn't reach his eyes. "Thank you Lisa, I really appreciate it." After that, they both started packing.

"So how was your day yesterday with uh.. Jennie?" Lisa nodded. "It was amazing!"

"What does she do for work?" I asked curiously. "Oh she's a maid too for uh what was the name.. Oh! Jeon Wonwoo and Kim Mingyu!" My eyes widened. "Wonwoo is my best friend." Now it was her turn to have wide eyes.

After a couple of hours they were done. "Thank you so much Lisa!" "Mr. Xu, w-where will you be staying?" "With Wonwoo.. he offered me to stay there during the whole divorce. After that, I'll move back to China." "C-Can I g-go with you?" He smile and nodded. "But what about work?" Minghao asked. "Right.. I'll probably get fired by Mr. Wen.." He thought for a minute. "Nonsense! Just leave with me! Wonwoo said he was short on a maid anyways." "Thank you Mr. Xu!"

Junhui was sitting in his office. Drowning with all the work he had to do. He decided to go get something to drink. (Water! Not alcohol! Drink water!)

When he was walking down the stairs, he saw Minghao with a suitcase, leaving out the door. He couldn't do anything. He just watched the love of his life walk away.

"Excuse me, Mr. Wen? Lisa said that she quitted. She doesn't want to work here if Mr. Xu isn't here." His eyebrows furrowed. "Why?" "She said she's scared of you so.." Junhui nodded and sent her off.

=MINGHAO POV=

After a 30 minute drive, I arrived at Wonwoo's house.

Wonwoo saw me and ran to me. "Oh Minghao!" He hugged me really tight but not too tight as it could hurt the baby.

"You did it.. you're finally going to be free from that monster..!" I looked at him and smiled.

I sure am... I hope I made the right decision..