19. LOOK AT ME

| CHAPTER NINETEEN |

LOOK AT ME. 

"SO, HOW WAS YOUR DATE?"

"It wasn't a date, Liv," Cassiopeia told her best friend, she watched as the smoke from her cigarette flew through the air, "Thanks for ditching me by the way. Let me guess, Sirius' put you up to it?"

The two girls had decided to come up to the Astronomy Tower to finish off their homework. However, it seemed like that was the last thing they were going to do. Their school bags sat untouched on the floor as they were perched on the balcony, looking out at the beautiful sunset.

The gorgeous orange and pink hues mixed together so effortlessly, as effortlessly as Cassiopeia Black and Remus Lupin. 

"Never mind that now. Come off it, Cass," Liv pushed her shoulder playfully, "You couldn't stop smiling when you got back." 

Cassiopeia took a deep inhale of her cigarette before stumping it out on the floor next to her, "It was bad, Liv."

The blonde looked confused. Cassiopeia had come back with a permanent smile tattooed on her face so Liv really doesn't understand why she didn't enjoy her time. She placed her hand on Cass' shoulder, squeezing it lightly, "What do you mean?"

Cassiopeia sighed, her shoulders felt tense under Liv's grip, "I mean...It was so great and that's why it was bad."

Olivia looked even more puzzled, "W-W-What?"

Piercing blue eyes stayed glued on the setting sun as a warm feeling spread through her chest just at the thought of spending time with Remus, "He was so kind. I'm falling for him, Liv," Cassiopeia finally turned to look at her best friend. Liv had never seen her so vulnerable before, "I'm falling for him so damn fast and I can't stop."

"Isn't that a good thing?" The blonde suggested, sending the black haired girl a comforting smile, "You two can finally get together, live happily ever after."

Cassiopeia shook her head, "It'll never work out," She sighed sadly, going back to look at the darkening sky.

"What are you saying, Cass? Of course it would!" Olivia exclaimed, throwing her arms up.

No one said anything for several minutes. Liv kept her eyes on the side of Cass' face, her dark locks almost hiding her emotions from view of anyone, but Liv knew exactly how the Slytherin girl felt. Cass kept her eyes forward, not even looking down as she pulled another cigarette from her pocket only to get it snatched from her by the blonde.

"Look at me," Liv ordered. 

Cass didn't move.

"Cassiopeia Black, look at me."

The Slytherin girl sighed and after several more seconds she finally turned to her left, her piercing blue eyes meeting Liv's baby blue ones.

"You two are meant to be. I've seen the way he looks at you when you're not looking, or the way you look at him," Olivia said in a serious tone, her eyes never wavering from Cass', "I've seen far too many chick-flicks so you need to trust me when I tell you this, okay? Okay?"

"Okay," Cass breathed out, nodding ever so slightly.

"Remus Lupin is madly in love with you. I promise you that."

"What if you're wrong?"

"Did you not just hear what I said?" Liv let out an annoyed groan, "I know this, okay, please trust me. I have never lied to you have I?"

Cassiopeia shook her head.

"Exactly. And I certainly wouldn't lie about this."

"Can I have my cigarette back?"

Liv rolled her baby blue eyes but nevertheless passed the toxic stick over to her best friend. Cassiopeia placed it in her mouth, her thoughts swarming with everything Liv had just said. As she lit her cigarette, she let her eyes fall upon her best friend yet again, "So, what now?" Cass asked with a frown.

Olivia smirked, a happy glint in her eyes, "Now, we go get some food, and then your man."