Chapter 23

Haechan stared at his brother as he basically inhaled the burger. They were in the human world, New York to be exact. Out of all the places in the human and supernatural world, Dongwook had insisting on going to New York just for their burgers, fries, and milkshakes.

I mean I don't really blame him. Haechan thought. His brother had been held in captivity for a while now so craving a burger honestly wasn't that bad. There were a lot more worse things he could be doing right now.

Dongwook wiped the ketchup from his mouth before unwrapping his sixth burger. He hesistated for a moment before offering it to Haechan. "You want?"

Haechan very much wanted to say no but didn't want to break his cover either. "Of course I do, you pig."

Dongwook smirked as Haechan snatched the burger from his hands, taking a bite. At least it's tasty.

"So Donghyuck," ew, I hate that name. Haechan tried his hardest not to wince at his birth name. "What made you decide to help your brother our here?" Haechan shrugged his shoulders.

"Agency is boring and full of weak people." Sorry friends. "The supernatural world could use some.... excitement." Haechan said with a smirk. A wide grin spread across Dongwook's face.

"Well I'm glad you finally came to your senses because I have a lot on my agenda." Dongwook told him, taking a sip of his milkshake. Yeah, I already knew that.

"Like what?" Haechan asked, taking the milkshake from his brother hands to take a sip. Haechan tried his hardest not to spit it out. Why did he chose strawberry when he could have chosen something like chocolate, vanilla, or cookies and cream?

"Oh, you'll see." Dongwook said, a sparkle in his eye. Haechan gulped. This is not good.

...

For a few days now, Jeno had been getting whiffs of a werewolf in the vicinity, but never close enough for him to track it down. He laid on the bed in the small apartment that the agency had helped him get, wondering what he should do for the day. Watch a movie? Eat alone in a restaurant? Go clubbing? He chuckled at the last thought he had before shaking his head.

Jeno looked at his phone, scrolling through social media. It seemed that Rena was having a great time in the Vampire Castle, and Yangyang had been relaxing. His eyes widened as he looked at the message he had just recieved. It was from his sister.

Jinsol
Any luck?

Jeno scoffed before typing an angry text back.

Jeno

Maybe if you actually gave me a hint or something about him that might actually be useful.

Jeno continued scrolling as he waited for his sister to respond. A moment later, his phone buzzed again.

Jinsol
He likes basketball.

How in the world is basketball supposed to help? Jeno thought as he began typing another angry message back and then it hit him. There was big basketball game that night in the middle of the city, he had seen it on the news last night.

Jeno

Enough to attend a basketball game?

Jinsol
I would assume so, he always watched the games in our lounge at the agency.

Jeno thanked his sister before searching up the game, quickly buying tickets.

This better not be a flop.