Lawrence, Kansas.. 20 years ago...

A woman, Mary Winchester, wearing a white nightgown, carries a small baby, her daughter Eleanor into a dark room, with her two sons, Sam and Dean, following happily behind her.
"Come on, let's say goodnight to your sister" Mary whispers to the two boys. She turns on the lights and puts the small baby into the crib. Mary picks up Dean and he kisses Eleanor's forehead and then does the same with Sam. Mary then leans over herself and says "Goodnight, my love." She brushes Eleanor's auburn hair back and kisses her forehead.
"Hey boys" a voice from behind calls. The boys and Mary turn quickly to find see John Winchester leaning against the door, smiling. Dean and Sam rush up to him laughing and he scoops them both up and says "So what do you think? You think Ellie's ready to toss around a football yet?" They both laugh and shake their head simultaneously saying "No daddy." John and Mary laugh. Mary passes John on the way out of the room and asks if he needs any help putting them to bed, he smiles at her and shakes his head.
Before John leaves the room he looks back and says "Sweet dreams, Ellie." Carrying the boys out of the room.
The Winchester's were just another normal, apple pie, white picket fence family. Mary Winchester smiles to herself before getting into bed, thinking about her family, her two sweet boys and then a little girl to complete her perfect life. As she was smiling to herself, she hears Sam coughing, she goes to investigate to see a dark figure standing over his bed while Sam was still fast asleep.
"John, is he okay?" Mary asks, John shushes her and Mary shrugs and goes downstairs for a drink, her eyes widen as she sees her husband asleep with the TV on. She runs back upstairs shouting "Sammy!". In the living room John hears his wife screaming and runs upstairs, bursting into Sam's room, Sam quickly awakens confused and rubbing his eyes, John picks up Sam. Blood drops onto Sam's bed, John investigates and looks up to see his wife sprawled across the ceiling, the stomach of her nightgown red with blood. He gasps and pushes Sam's head further into his shoulder to stop him from seeing. Mary then bursts into flames and the fire spreads. John is stuck, frozen, Sam's cries then echo around the room. John runs with Sam still in his hands and places him outside in the corridor. He then hears his youngest child wailing, John eyes widen even further remembering his daughter, running into her room, grabbing her trying to shush her, he then comes back in the corridor to see his eldest, holding Sam's hand shouting "Daddy!". John shoves Eleanor into Dean's arms. John shouts "Take your sister outside as fast as you can and don't look back! Now, boys, go!" Dean and Sam run outside they look back and see Sam's window, lit with gold. John Winchester then runs out scoops up the three just as fire explodes out of Sam's bedroom window.

LATER ON...

John holding Ellie, while Dean and Sam sit on the hood of the impala, look up at the remnants of the fire, vengeance in his eyes.