Tension

August 2020

"Nope. No way", is Moonhae's immediate response to what her manager's trying to tell her.

"She did a great job with the guys, why can't you give her a chance?", the manager pleads some more.

"Why can't I give her chance? She blatantly insulted me and threatened to call security all because I wanted to talk to Taehyung", she shoots back angrily.

"I was working", Taehyung barely speaks up from the couch in the corner of the dressing room, mumbling to himself more than anyone, "Youna had a point... And her pictures came out really good..."

"Are you seriously defending her right now?", Moon whips around to glare at him.

The boy gulps, swallowing the rest of his words, gazing innocently at her with round eyes while shaking his head.

"Look, Moon", the manager starts once again, choosing words wisely, "I know she has a certain... way of acting that may take some getting used to. However, she really is the best in the business. Big Hit is spending a lot of money to hire her, so the least you can do is cooperate."

"Why don't you just save yourselves the money and hire one of our old photographers instead?", she huffs annoyedly.

"This is an amazing opportunity and definitely worth the investment", he tries desperately to explain, "Have you seen the way BTS's pictures turned out?"

"Yeah...", she crosses her arms and avoids eye contact, attempting to suppress those pictures she still sees in her head. There's no doubt the girl's talented, but Moon's definitely too stubborn to admit it.

"C'mon Moonhae", Taehyung pouts from the sofa, "I know you'll love the photos when they come out."

"Ugh...", she frowns at the sweet boy, knowing she's being a bitch and highly unprofessional, "Fine."

"Does that mean you'll do it?", the manager's expression lights up hopefully.

"Yeah, I guess", she gives in with a scowl.

"Great! Wonderful. I'll give them the good news", he claps his hands together excitedly before turning on his heel to exit the room.

As soon as he leaves, however, another staff member pokes their head through the doorway, calling out to them, "We're out in five!"

With deep sighs, both Moonhae and Taehyung move into the hallway to follow the other Bangtan members, joining the rest of the Big Hit acts. Along with TXT, they'll be stepping out into the auditorium for the annual Korean Music Festival. Being held this year without the fans in the crowd, as crowds aren't the best idea yet, things are definitely different. The stars are being kept further apart, each individual company sticking together.

"Alright, it's your turn to go out. Seating arrangements are as following", a staff member explains quickly before shooing them out into the auditorium.

They walk in, adjusting their suits and outfits while shooting glances at all the cameras surrounding them. It's extremely odd to be entering an empty hall like this, not a single fan being allowed on the premise.

Finally reaching their allocated area, they find two half-rounded sofas, the one in the back elevated to give a good view onto the stage. The TXT members move hesitantly towards the back after receiving the go-ahead from their elders. Bangtan seats themselves on the other couch and Moon's about to move towards TXT, when Taehyung grabs her arm.

"Can't you sit next to me?", he requests innocently.

"I don't know, can I?", she responds sarcastically, eyeing the already crowded sofa.