Awards

April 2017

The Fact Music Awards are presented in a grand manor this year. Of course, BTS is on the performing list and are dominating most of the award nominations.

Arriving in multiple black SUVs in style, they boast their all black suits to the paparazzis. Once they get inside the venue, they're immediately seated at a table near the cameras in the front.

"When are we performing?", Taehyung asks his members.

"Not until later", Namjoon answers.

"I heard Moon is performing", Jin informs them.

"Really? We haven't seen her since January...", Jungkook looks surprised.

No one says it, but they were all worried after the incident in February and disappointed that Moon never replied to their messages.

The show finally begins with the lights dimming. The stage is completely dark, a sombre music playing, before red lights stream across and many dark figures become visible. They're standing in a formation around a petite girl in heeled boots, who looks up at the ceiling, her long wavy hair falling back. With the first line she sings in her soft voice, bright lights illuminate the performer so she's visible in all her glory.

The Bangtan boys suck in their breath when they realize Moon is the opening performer. Her voluminous black hair boasts its usual soft curls, but her dark cat-eye makeup really brings out the bright red lipstick she's applied. Of course, her outfit is what they're all actually looking at. She's wearing a skin-tight black catsuit hugging all of her curves. Her cleavage is in full-view as the zipper at her neckline is placed generously low.

"Close your mouth, Taehyung", Jimin hisses at the boy next to him, knowing the cameras are sure to be catching their reactions.

They're in awe at the way Moon is able to move her body, especially in those knee-high heeled boots. Her dance moves are more than her usual sexy dancing as the catsuit allows her to move more freely than her usual dresses do. Her vocals are of course a highlight, but they're hard to focus on when there's so many other things going on. She effortlessly sings the runs and hits the high notes of her sensual song.

About three songs later, she finishes off with a bang and the stage goes dark again. The whole audience erupts into applause. Although she's a problematic idol in terms of her image, there's no denying she has some of the best performances.

The awards ceremony commences after a few more performances from other idols. The hosts guide them through the different categories and nominations. Once the winner is read out, they come to the stage to give a short speech.

"And finally... The artists of the year", one of the hosts announces, "We have a few winners this year. I'd like to welcome up onto stage... BTS!"

The audience cheers loudly with every name that's called out.

"Red Velvet! ...iKon! ...GFriend! ...And Moon!"

Moon mounts the stage carefully, having changed out of her performance wear and switched to a tight red dress in even higher heels. She joins the rest of the winners and happens to be directed to stand in front of BTS. As she obliges, she can feel their eyes trained on her. Glancing at them once already makes her feel uncomfortable.

"A round of applause for all of our hard-working artists of the year right here!", the host calls out and the audience responds.

The idols bow and pay their respects before being able to leave the stage. The Bangtan boys immediately leave for the dressing rooms, as their performance will be closing the award ceremony.

Moon enjoys their performance, although she feels a little guilty. When they finish, she smiles slightly, but hopes the camera won't pick up on it. The awards end on a high note, but all Moon feels as she walks back to her dressing room is dread. She'll probably be lectured by her manager again for one thing or another.

"Moon?", a soft, low voice stops her in her tracks.

She turns to see Yoongi standing in the hallway behind her.

"...How are you?", Yoongi hesitates to ask her.

"I'm good. It's nice to see you again", Moon responds calmly.

There's a short pause before Yoongi says something again, this time looking at his feet as he says it, "Your performance was breath-taking... I mean, really really great..."

"Thank you", Moon can't help a small smile. This boy in front of her seems so bashful.

In the distance they can hear raised voices coming closer.

"She was standing right in front of me! I mean, I could actually smell her hair!"

"Jungkook, don't be weird."

"I wish I could smell her hair...", Taehyung mumbles as he turns the corner with his hyungs, just to find Moon and Yoongi standing right in front of them.

"Hey, guys...", Moon greets them, pretending she didn't hear what they were talking about.

"Moon!", Jungkook's face lights up.

"How are you?", Hoseok steps forward with a big smile on his face.

"We were so sad when you never responded to our texts!", Jimin pouts.

"I'm good and yeah, sorry about that...", she bites her lip nervously, "There was a lot going on. But I'm glad to see you again."

"We should hang out sometime...", Taehyung suggests, although he's still embarrassed about earlier.

"I'd like that", she nods, "But I have to go now..."

"I'll see you around!", she calls over her shoulder before disappearing behind a corner.

"She didn't hear what we were saying, did she?", Jungkook frantically asks Yoongi.

"Oh, she definitely heard what you were saying", Yoongi tells him.

Jungkook groans and Taehyung looks down at his feet in embarrassment.

"And that's why you should stop thirsting after her", Namjoon clasps his hands on the younger one's backs, "I don't know what is possessing you."

Moon immediately tenses up when she sees her manager in the dressing room.

"There you are", his tone is sharp.

"I won artist of the year", Moon says, somehow hoping reminding him will make him more lenient towards her.

"I know. And that's great. But we still have to keep covering up what's happening with you and Jaewon. Otherwise we will really have to drop you from the label", her manager warns.

It's something he's threatened her with a dozen times before, but now she's really pushing her boundaries with the mess she's made.

"Now, how well do you know the Bangtan boys?", he narrows his eyes.

"We only met at the ISACs...", the question surprises her.

"They're very popular aren't they?"

"Yeah, they have a large international following", Moon says hesitantly.

"What do you think about working with them?", he looks her straight in the eyes.

"Working with them?", he catches her off guard again, "Like a collab?"

He nods.

"Well... That would be great...", she says, but then thinks of Jae, "But, maybe..."

"I think it would be great, too", he interrupts her before she can continue.

She gulps, but he doesn't say anything more and just leaves the room. Sinking down onto a free chair, she puts her face in her hands. A collab would be great and she would love to spend time with the Bangtan boys. They make her laugh. But then there's Jae, who was sent into a jealous rage just because of some footage he saw of the ISACs. And then there's her manager who seems to want to use them to better her image. Maybe it's better if she just stays away from them.