Interventions

May 2020

Turns out Dispatch was once again out on the hunt for juicy gossip the same day Jungkook decided to go out clubbing. Weeks later the news breaks on his little adventures, causing a scandal overnight. With Armys furiously protecting the maknae at all costs, haters and antis still get in the way.

Management, of course, is furious, not only having to deal with the media but also get Jungkook tested for the virus. Although his test results turn out negative, it seems like the world has nothing better to fret about than tearing this boy down.

"Why can't you just keep it in your pants, Jungkook?", Jin groans, stretching out over the table in their company's project room. They've been working on the new album and meeting with everyone on the regular. Now their attention is more focused on the recent scandal however.

"Easy for you to say when your girlfriend's living with you", Jungkook scoffs, "Besides I didn't go out to hook up with people. I went out to meet with friends. I can't do anything right nowadays, can I?"

"But did you or did you not get laid?", the eldest shoots back with a challenging expression.

"That's not the point!", the youngest gets defensive.

"Okay, can y'all just shut up? We all know Jungkook's going to keep going out and bring girls back to the dorm, so can we please move on?", Yoongi cuts in annoyedly, "Let's get to work now."

"No", Jin crosses his arms defiantly, "I think we should stage an intervention."

Most of the members start groaning in exhaustion, knowing their work is going to be pushed back indefinitely at this point. Being in quarantine together for this long has definitely gotten to their heads.

"Seriously, though. The habit of fucking random girls has gone a bit too far", Jin argues.

"Can you get your nose out of my ass for one second and not get involved in my personal life?", Jungkook scowls, visibly upset.

"I mean both of you have a point", Namjoon jumps in as mediator, "It is a pandemic, Jungkook."

As the youngest stares around at everyone sitting at the table, he finds Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung fidgeting nervously in their seats, avoiding eye contact. Yoongi seems highly annoyed, tapping his pen against his notebook impatiently, while Namjoon just looks worried. Jin's about to open his mouth to continue the argument.

"Why the fuck are we talking about this? I said I was sorry for going out", Jungkook quickly cuts in, mumbling the next sentence under his breath, "Even though technically I did nothing wrong."

"I don't think it's all about that...", Namjoon says carefully, "We're a little worried..."

"You've been kind of withdrawn lately...", Taehyung mentions shyly.

"Oh so you've talked about this, huh?", he sneers at the fact they've been talking about him behind his back.

"Jungkook, why can't you just focus on yourself for a while? You have no emotional attachment whatsoever to any of the girls you're hooking up with, so why not just give it up for now? It's getting really depressing", Jin speaks again.

"Fuck you", he snaps back, "Honestly fuck you and fuck all of you. Just stay the fuck off my back!"

Jumping up in frustration, he storms out of the room, slamming the door loudly on his way out. The members left in the project room exchange tense glances, not knowing exactly what's going on.

"You could've been less harsh, Jin", Hoseok speaks first.

"Should we go check on him?", Taehyung furrows his brow in worry.