The Wedding pt.2

June 2022

The touching ceremony has them all in tears, not just the couple standing up front finally tying the knot. Even Moonhae watches the scene with teary eyes, clutching onto an emotional Taehyung beside her. Their best friend, their brother, their family member is getting married and there's nothing happier they've witnessed.

When the party continues with the wedding reception, the mood swings to be more joyous and less emotional. There's music, entertainment and exquisite food. Some tables stand indoors while others are located on the large terrace or out in the enchanting gardens of the venue. The time comes for the speeches of loved ones and everyone quiets down while they wait for the toast at their tables. As the best man, Namjoon, delivers probably his best speech so far, coming straight from the heart. There's no one that can top him in that regard. Surprisingly, Hyunae's maid of honor comes pretty damn close with her speech though.

Once the toast is held, the guests go off to dance or mingle around this magical venue. Namjoon heads over towards the bar where he spots the girl who almost outdid him with her speech. The maid of honor is quite the rare beauty as well. A mix of Korean and something foreign, probably where she gets her natural dirty blonde hair from. It's in perfect loose curls that fall delicately around her shoulders and over that cute baby blue dress she's wearing.

"That's quite a speech you gave", he leans against the bar counter next to her.

Her hazel eyes meet his and a small smile forms on her lips, "I could say the same for you."

"I'm Kim Namjoon", he holds out a hand for her to shake.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Grace Lee", she says, taking it, "I mean... Lee Grace. I always forget the Korean name thing."

"You're not from here?", he studies her beautiful side profile as she fixes her purse on the counter in front of her.

"No, I think that's pretty obvious", she giggles a little while gesturing towards her own face.

"But your Korean's amazing", he compliments her, "And that speech..."

"Ah well, my father's Korean and my mother's Canadian. I grew up in Canada, but we spoke Korean at home", she gives a short explanation, "And the speech... Well, I'm a producer."

"Really?", he can't help grinning.

"Yeah, I write and produce movies, dramas, anything really", she tells him, holding soft eye contact.

"Wow, well I'm a producer myself", he responds lightly, "Not in cinema though. In music."

"You're a singer?", she raises her eyebrows.

"Oh no", he chuckles a little, "I'm a... rapper."

"A rapper?", she seems amused.

"Yeah, part of a group called BTS. We're known here and there", he downplays it to seem cool.

"I came here four years ago, so I wouldn't know", she shrugs lightly.

"Well... It's kind of an international thing...", he says under his breath while looking away.

"Huh?", her gaze snaps back to him.

"Nothing", he quickly replies, now slightly embarrassed, "So... Can I get you anything?"

He gestures towards the bar as she doesn't have a drink in front of her yet. Her eyes follow his hand, but then return to meet his gaze.

"Um... The drinks are free", she tells him awkwardly.

"Oh uh...", he scratches the back of his head, now very embarrassed.

"But you mean order for me, right?", she attempts to save his offer, "I'd like that."