Solitude 孤独 pt 1

solitude / sŏl′ĭ-too͞d″

The state or quality of being alone or remote from others.

•••

"Sorry. You were sleeping and I woke you up." Yona apologizes.

"It's not like I could sleep in the first place..." Hak says, remembering how awkward it was to have Yona's head on his shoulder.

"Huh?"

"Nothing." Hak turns around and looks up at the night sky. "So, swords again?" Yona clenches her fists.

"I know you oppose it, Hak. I've been practicing alone since then. But if I do it alone, there will be limitations. Never have I regretted my own powerlessness as I did this time..." Yona sighs.

"It isn't your fault that you couldn't help that child." Hak looks at the redhead.

"I've been thinking if I had more power..." Yona stared at her palms with a desire to fight. "If I had the power to save that child... if I had the power to loosen myself from those bandits... if I had the power to keep Shin-Ah from getting injured... more... more... more..." Yona looks at Hak and bows. "Hak. Please. I... teach me swo—"

"Stop!" Hak interrupts. "You are my master. A master should never lower their head for a servant!" He grabs her arm in frustration.

"What should I do?" Yona asks.

"You should order me. If you earnestly order me to do it... I can't refuse." Hak says.

Yona stares at him for a bit before clenching her fists. "Hak. Teach me swordsmanship. That's an order." Hak gets on his knees and lowers his head. He never wanted his princess to wield a sword, nor did he want her to wield a bow.

"As you command."

•••

I normally wake up early enough to watch the sunrise. At this time, nature is at its best. The golden rays of the sun give a bright color to the clouds and meadows, mountains, and valleys.

As the sun gets higher in the sky, the day's activity begins. Plants and trees feast on the rays of the sun. Late risers miss the beauty of the sunrise. It's a rare joy to be awakened at sunrise.

Jae-ha was still fast asleep, nuzzling his head into my neck. His snores were quiet enough for me to sleep, but when he had his arms wrapped around me, it made it impossible to.

We weren't in a romantic relationship, but I was still in an uncomfortable situation. Jae-ha acted as if it was normal, though I wouldn't be surprised if he had slept with other girls before me. And I mean that in multiple ways.

I turn my head to look at the warm colors in the sky. The sky was painted an array of red, orange. yellow, dark blue, and pink.

Jae-ha shifts a bit before opening his eyes.

"Since you're awake, can you let go of me?" I ask, even though his embrace was rather comfortable.

"I'm still sleeping." He closes his eyes.

"Yoon will wake you up either way." I sigh, looking over at Hak and Yona.

They were now sleeping a few feet away from each other. Yona was leaning in closer to the tree and further away from Hak.

Since Jae-ha woke up, his breathing has become heavier. Each breath sends shivers down my spine and makes me shut my eyes in nervousness.

Jae-ha looks at me, noticing my expression. "Himari-dear. Are you alright?"