Memories

drag·on /ˈdraɡən/

a mythical monster like a giant reptile. In European tradition the dragon is typically fire-breathing and tends to symbolize chaos or evil, whereas in East Asia it is usually a beneficent symbol of fertility, associated with water and the heavens.

•••

"Which way do we go from here?" Yona asks. "Yoon, did Ik-soo say anything else?"

"Nothing. We have no leads from here on out." Yoon says.

"This is a problem..." I mumble.

"You're looking for the four dragons, yes?" The white dragon asks.

"Yes..." Yona answers.

"I can feel the presence of those who have the four dragons powers. It is not strong, but we, the four dragons, are like brothers."

"That's so handy!" Yona exclaims.

"All right, let's climb down the mountain first," Yoon says.

"Oh yeah. Hey, white dragon. What's your name?" I ask.

"Please call me Kija." The white dragon smiles.

"Kija... that's a good name!" Yona exclaims.

"Hurry up! We're going to leave you three if you don't Keep up!" Hak shouts.

•••

Finally... a break.

I lie down and stare at the clear sky. When night comes, the sky will show off its infinite beauty in the night. Ignorant people will only say, 'it's only the sky.'

Who would want to waste a break training? Clear skies are rare this early into spring. Light breezes, dry grass, clear skies... if only I could lie here for an eternity.

I shut my eyes for a moment before naturally opening them due to a loud voice.

"Lady Himari! Spar with me!" Hak orders.

"I don't feel like it. The weather is too nice for sparring." I reply and close my eyes.

"Is it?"

"Who wouldn't want to take a nap right now?" I ask.

Hak looks at the sky for a bit before sighing. "Yoon wanted me to let you know that we're leaving."

"Already? I just lied down!" I groan and sit up. I rub my eyes and look at Hak. "Are we almost at the Blue Dragon village? I want to take a nap."

"It'll be a while but it'll be faster if you sit up and stop being lazy."

"This is so troublesome..." I say and stand up. Hak walks in the direction he came from and I follow him.

•••

More walking...

My legs are already sore from the amount of time we've spent on the road.

"Hm... Kija, you can detect the other dragons' presence, right?" Yoon asks.

"Of course, Yoon. If I sharpen my mind's eye, I can sense them." Kija replies.

"Then tell us who's the closest!" I yell.

"I shall try..." Kija says and closes his eyes. After a few moments of waiting, he speaks. "The closest presence is most likely the Blue Dragon."

"Wow. You can tell who it is? Where is he?" Yoon asks.

"Hm... I feel something from over there." Kija replies and points to our right.