Port Awa

kind·ness /ˈkīn(d)nəs/

the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.

•••

"Wow! A port town!" Yona exclaims. "Hak! Is that the ocean? It's so pretty! This is my first time seeing it!"

"Port Awa, territory of the Earth clan... didn't think I'd come here again," I say. Father took me here a handful of times but only on occasions. "Hak, I assume you've been here as well?"

"A long time ago, the old man brought me here," Hak replies.

"Kija! Is the Green Dragon here?" Yona asks.

"Well... he seems to be rapidly changing his
position, and..." Kija puts his hand on his head and collapses.

"So Dragon's' powers aren't unlimited, huh? If you push your limits, it drains you." Yoon says. "We want to find the Green Dragon, too, but we're tired from a long trip and I'd like to go get some food supplies."

"Okay! Let's go to the port!" Kija and Yona exclaim. Shin-ah looks confused, but still wants to go as well.

"We aren't going! I'm not taking you guys! Especially you, with the mask!"

"Then I'll go with Himari. I kind of remember my way around the port, and this is Himari's tribe territory, correct? She must've been here a handful of times." Hak says.

"You shouldn't make assumptions, but yes, you are correct," I mumble.

"I want to go to!" Yona says.

"Princess, you've gotten ugly recently," Hak observes her face.

"You! How dare you say such a thing!" Kija yells.

"Bags under your eyes, scratched up hands... you're trying too hard. You need to rest a little." Hak puts a hand on her head.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Yona whispers.

"Make sure you're extra careful! Don't cause any trouble." Yoon yells.

"You guys stay hidden, too," I say, adjusting the padding under my haori.

"Ah, I'll leave this here. It stands out too much. Himari, you should leave your sword here too." Hak says and throws his glaive to Yoon while I set my sword down against a rock.

"So heavy!" Yoon yells and catches Hak's glaive.

"And White Snake..." Hak starts.

"There is not a thing I need to be asked by you." Kija interrupts.

Hak and I begin to walk down the mountain and into the town, but Yona grabs Hak's sleeve.

"Hak! Come back soon, okay?" Yona says.

In the corner of my eye, I can see Hak blushing.

So he has feelings for the Yona?

•••

"It's been a while since I've been to a busy town," Hak says. "I want to look around different places, but..." Hak stops.

"Hey, mister." A lady longing for Hak's attention says. "Why don't you stop by?"