Losing Yourself

tranquility / trăng-kwĭl′ĭ-tē

The quality or state of being tranquil; serenity

•••

There's never been a day in my life like today, a day where I feel idiotic, stupid, and annoyed all at once.

My tan cloak hid my amber eyes, eyes that many found breathtakingly beautiful. Maybe if I hadn't had faked my death, I would be allowed to take off the cloak and expose my skin to the cool, summer air. But, Hak and Jae-ha forced me to wear this unusual cloak to hide myself from the officials.

Yona coughs into her hand before resting it on her hip. "This whole area belongs to us now. Hand over all your money if you want to get out of here alive!" She orders the government officials who've been increasing taxes.

"Bandits? Doesn't look like very many. Go get rid of them." Lord Tol-bal orders his men. They all look at each other, not moving one bit.

"Big words, little men. Take a good long look and quake the terror at the sight of the Dark Dragon and the Happy Hungry Bunch!" Yona yells. Hak rests a huge, iron ax on his shoulder and smirks, trying to intimidate the Fire Tribe officials. I didn't choose the name, 'Dark Dragon and the Happy Hungry Bunch.' It was Zeno's idea (put the blame on him).

This all started three days ago after driving an official and his men out of Katan Village. And here we are, now threatening officials and forcing villagers to hide their food and other necessities.

We decided on becoming bandits to protect the villages. After all, that was the only 'career' that made sense. In order to play the part, we had to show the villages around here what we're about. If we demonstrated that we were 'evil' and they had to obey us, then they could blame everything on us if the officials complained.

Everything was set in stone — we'd become bandits for a few days if we could help the Fire Tribe residents.

"T-these are the taxes we just paid to the officials!" A village chief stutters as Yona pulls a wagon full of supplies from the farm.

"If you don't want to get hurt, put that stuff back into your homes!" Yona orders. The villagers stare at her with confused expressions, wondering why she was helping. "Bring out every last child in this village!"

"What do you want with our children?" A woman asks, hugging a young girl. Yona pulls out a small bag and passes the girl a few pieces of candy.

"Here's candy! We'll sell any child who doesn't take it!" Yona smiles while her stomach growls. The child's mother gasps in surprise.

"Yoon, which village should we go to next?" Kija asks.

"Right around now, the officials should be going to Shu Village," Yoon replies, leaning against a wall.

"Is that far?" I ask, resisting the urge to fiddle with the folds on my haori. It was a habit that I wanted to get out of.

"Kind of. What should we do? They might also return to Katan." Yoon sighs.

"I'll pop on over there and keep watch."
Jae-ha says.

"That helps a lot." Yoon replies before look and Yona and I. "Yona, Himari. I want you both to wait here. I sigh, knowing that today will be boring.

"How come? I'm going too." Yona picks up Ao and places the squirrel on her shoulder.

"Our next destination is far off, we don't know when an official could show up. Our fighters are Thunder Beast, and... well, we should be alright with Kija and the Flash." Yoon says.