Him [Dragon Arc Ends]

love / ləv /

an intense feeling of deep affection.

•••

I smirk. "You can't buy love."

Soo-won stares at me and sighs. "You will become my queen. That's an order."

"I don't take orders from traitors. Now don't you have to be somewhere?"

"I have all the time in the world," Soo-won replies and glares at me. "Himari. If you marry me, I'll take Yona and Hak's name off the Wanted Poster. Don't you want them to travel with no concerns?"

I look down at my feet. He's not wrong, but what am I willing to sacrifice by doing this?

'I think you only have one choice,' the voice whispers in my right ear.

The dragon is right. I only have one choice.

"I'll marry you." I sigh.

King Il. I'm so sorry.

Soo-won smirks. "Great. I'll meet you here tonight."

And the man in the white cloak walks away, satisfied with my answer.

Should I regret this?

I said Soo-won was the traitor, but maybe I'm the traitor now.

My legs begin to shake and I fall onto the brick path.

I could've sworn I felt water slide down my cheeks.

But I won't allow myself to cry.

I won't admit that I cried.

I cover my mouth and stare at the arch
Soo-won walked under. So what's next? I have to become a queen? What will everyone else think?

I hear footsteps coming from behind me, but I ignore them.

"Lady Himari! What's the matter?" Hak asks.

If only I could tell him the truth, but all I say is, "Hak, I'm sorry."

Hak stares at me in confusion. I stand up and slowly walk back to the dock, wiping the tears off my face.

•••

Kija rests his head on the table, slowly drifting off to dreamland.

His cheeks are pink. I'm guessing he didn't handle the alcohol too well, and on top of that, he was awake all last night.

"Wake up, Kija! You can't stay there all day!" Yona yells.

"I'm awake!" Kija stands up and rubs his eyes.

Yona smiles at him and walks over to the ship, tripping on a rock.

"Woah, there!" Hak catches Yona before she hits the floor, like he always does.

"Yoon! What are you cooking?" I ask, staring at the pot. The ingredients in the pot were brought to a boil, and Yoon was stirring the soup.

"Cabaloni Porridge. I figured that the guys need something easy on their stomach." Yoon responds, tasting the porridge. "They've all been drinking too much."

"Can I serve it?" Yona asks. Without even listening for Yoon's answer, she touches the handles and yelps in pain. "Ow!"

"Yona, are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah... just burnt my hands. Who's hungry?!" She looks over at the pirates and asks. They all cheer in response.

Yoon serves everyone a small bowl of porridge. We all sit in a circle and begin to eat Yoon's food.