Dreaming 夢路

dream /drēm/

a series of thoughts, images, and sensations occurring in a person's mind during sleep.

•••

Twenty? No thirty... maybe more pirates than that.

Our group lined up in a horizontal line. We obviously looked suspicious, but it didn't matter.

Nothing matters.

"I'm Yona." She greets. "Are you the captain of this ship?"

"Yeah. That's me... Captain Gi-gan." An elderly woman answers. "Jae-ha said you were strong and invited you. Is that the reason why you grazed my ship with your presence?

Honestly... I was expecting a huge bodybuilder or something, not a woman.

"Yes!" Yona smiles.

Gi-gan slowly makes her way towards Shin-ah and points at him. "What's under this freaking mask? Take it off!" She pulls the mask off
Shin-ah's face but Shin-ah covers his face.

"Show us your face or else." Gi-gan attempts to yank Shin-ah's hands off his face.

"Hey! He's bashful, okay?!" Yoon yells.

Gi-gan coughs. "No matter what, I value trust the most. I don't need people I don't trust on this ship."

"But you need manpower, don't you, captain?" Hak says. "Give it a shot."

Captain Gi-gan smirks and the pirates surround Kija, Hak, Shin-ah, and I.

"I'll consider it if you can beat every single one of these dumbasses," Gi-gan says while the pirates surround us.

This is sad. Really sad...

"Don't you think that's a little unfair to them considering how badly they're outnumbered?" One of the pirates smirks.

"Yeah, listen to them. This is cruel." I say, drawing my sword.

"Thankfully, I can take them all out by myself." Hak, Kija, and I all say at the exact same time.

"I'd like to see you try!" A pirate yells, causing all the pirates to charge at us.

One fast slice results in four pirates down. Two equals eight, three equals twelve, four equals...

You know the drill.

Within a matter of seconds, each and every pirate is out cold.

"So, how'd we do, captain?" Hak asks, swinging his glaive a few times. "We knocked them all out."

"There's no use. It's like having four more of me on the crew, captain. Just let them join us." Jae-ha says. "And their strength will make us completely unstoppable."

Captain Gi-gan sighs in defeat. "You pass the test."

"I'm so glad!" Yona smiles at Yoon.

"Now don't start celebrating." Captain Gi-gan makes her way towards Yona and Yoon. She points at the fifteen-year-old boy. "What skills do you got that I might need?" She asks.

"I don't believe in violence, so I refuse to fight. But I can do just about anything else: I can cook, sew, hunt, I can treat injuries, I know how to make explosives..." Yoon smirks. "And I'm a pretty boy."

"That ain't too bad..." Captain Gi-gan looks at Yona. "So, what about you?"

"I have skills... but they're not as good as the others." Yona looks at her feet and fidgets.

"So you're useless. The last thing that I need is extra weight on this ship." The captain sighs.

"But...!" Yona tries to come up with a good reason to become a pirate.