Epilogue

EPILOGUE

After 20 years...

"What are you wearing?" my older brother Ioniko spoke from behind me. He was dressed in his a suit and tie for their debate contest. For sure, women in our school will drool at his feet. I have to stuff my ears every time they squeal in my ear whenever Ioniko passed my room to pick me up.

It's not like he'll notice them by screaming like a banshee. Ioniko is a handsome nerd whose only love is his books. He's the total opposite of my younger brother, Damien. Damien is only 18 but he probably had kissed every girl in our school, of course he doesn't date elementary students and I like to think he just kissed them and not fucked them.

"Alodia..." Ionika warned and I chuckled. Grinning from ear to ear, I twirled in front of him and striked a pose.

"Don't you like my masterpiece?" I giggled as I heard the footsteps of my younger brother and sisters.

"You look like the next ugly duckling." he pointed out.

"Exactly!" I rolled my eyes at him as I pulled the ugly backpack on my shoulders.

His face scrunched up and shook his head in resignation before fixing his glasses and turning his eyes on his book. "I'm not bailing you out again for your stupid plans. Good luck talking to mom and dad." Walking past me, he went downstairs towards the dining room.

"Is it Halloween already?" the devilish voice came from behind me. I didn't have to look to know it was Damien. Turning to him, a naughty grin was on his face as he eyed me from top to bottom. I'm a year older than him but he treats me like were the same age. I can't help it when we're both the headaches of our family. "I hate to break it up to you sis but you look frightening."

"Then I'm successful!" I arrogantly told him, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Are those pimples on your face? Do you also put lice in your hair?" he remarked circling around me.

"Yes these are fake pimples and no I don't have lice in my hair you idiot!" I angrily replied back to him which made him grin even bigger.

"Well, whatever you plan to do, good luck to the guy." He smirked before walking past me. He paused and turned around again, a grin on his lips "Good luck to you too in explaining to our parents why you look like that."

"Psh I don't need luck." I arrogantly told him "I have a bulletproof plan."

"Just like mommy's?" our adorable 14 year old sister, Gaia spoke behind us. Out of the 6 of us, she's the sweetest and the kindest. She joined us as we walked downstairs.

"Yup. Just like Mommy's." I grinned "But I have a bit twist to it."

It was no secret how our parent's met and how their love unfolded. It was our favourite bedtime story. And just like what they promised years ago, they are still crazy in love with each other.

Arriving at the dining area, our father Iñigo Petrakis looked formidable in his navy blue suit and tie. There were wrinkles in his eyes and a bit of gray in his air, yet he still looked fit and dashing like 20 years ago. As for my mother, Ava Petrakis, she was wearing a floral dress as she fed my 5 year old twin brothers, Cooper and Clayton. Despite her age, she still looked like a young adult that often times we were thought of sisters.

My friend's mothers often asked me if my mother drank from the fountain of youth but I often told them the same answer my mother gave them. "She lives a happy life that's why."

Turning towards us, my parents' jaw dropped as they saw my form. "Good morning parents!" I announced striking a pose. Ioniko shook his head, Damien grinned as he sat down and Gaia worriedly stared at me and my parents.

"Alodia Marie Petrakis! What in the world did you do to yourself?" my mother screeched.

"I turned into an ugly duckling. Don't you like it?" I twirled in front of them and I heard my father groan.

"Did a boy hurt you, puppet?" my mother worriedly asked "Is this what this is all about? Because we can make him pay."

"Ava..." my father warned my mother but she dismissed him.

"But look at our daughter!" my mother cried out.

"What is it this time?" my father sighed and shook his head.

"Relax Mommy and Daddy. I'm fine. This is just a little experiment." I winked at them as I sat in my seat. "Give me a month. Promise. This is only for a month."

My mother sighed knowing I was as hard headed as her. "Fine. Do your best."

"So, spoiled." Ioniko spoke beside me.

"Oh I can't wait to watch this." Damien grinned like a fool.

"Before you start watching other people's lives Damien, focus on your academics first. Don't tell me you were out for a project when your Aunt Addie saw you in a club."

"Ugh fu----antastic cameras." Damien stopped himself when Daddy glared at him.

"Ioniko have you decided on your next plans after graduation?" my mother asked. Our brother should be inheriting the family business. He was groomed for it, but we all know he never wanted it.

"I want to study law." My brother bravely spoke "I really want to become like Aunt Addie."

My parents nodded their heads, "We can start looking for good law schools after college." My father gave his approval. "Anyway, we have a bit of a news for you."

"Are we going to Greece?" Damien asked.

"France?" Gaia excitedly asked because her crush was there.

"Playground! Playground!" the twins clapped in their seat.

"No sweetie we're not going anywhere," my mother softly spoke "It's more of what will come 8 months from now."

"What do you me---oooh! You're pregnant!" I jumped in my seat.

"We are! You're having another brother and sisters!"

"Wait with an s?" Ioniko confusedly asked "There's more than one?"

My father gladly nodded his head, "We're having triplets."

Laughing to ourselves, we hugged our parents as we excitedly welcome the new additions to the family. But I couldn't stop thinking about one thing-- My parents are freaking performers!

THE END

Published 06.04.2020

Hello! Thank you for tuning in with Ava and Inigo's story. Up next is Sinfully Mine.