Chapter 31: Safe Haven

CHAPTER 31

Iñigo Petrakis

We made it just in time the heavens began to pour. Thunder rumbled in the distance before a flash of lightning pierced the sky. Closing the windows to stop from drenching the place, I turned to Ava who was wiping her drenched boots. A lock of hair fell on the sides of her face, and her cheeks were flushed since we raced here in the Manor.

Catching my gaze, she smiled a slow grin, and my heart thudded inside my chest. It swelled into a large proportion that a giddy and peaceful feeling settled in the pits of my chest. I was in love with her smile. No. I was in love with her. I was in love with Ava Marquez-Petrakis.

I was in love with this beautiful and spitfire woman who had weathered my mercurial ways and shattered the walls I erected. She showed me love and tenderness when all I knew was coldness. She showed me to trust when all my life I was lied to. And she showed me strength by facing my demons.

Chuckling to myself at the realization, I had to clamp my mouth shut not to blurt the words out. How could I not know it? How could I ignore my feelings for her when she's everything that I had hoped and dreamed about.

I never loved Leanne. What I felt for her was nothing compared to Ava's. Leanne never knew me just as how Ava does. She knew my good side and my bad side, and accepted both.

I was so deeply in love with her that it almost bubbled to the surface of my lips. Instead of telling her, I decided to shut my mouth first. I will tell her. Soon.

"What are you smiling about?" she asked me, jutting her hip to the side "I look like a mess aren't I?"

She can never look bad. She will always be stunning in my eyes. With her bright green eyes, raven hair and full pink lips, she was a goddess. And I intend to worship her every single day of my life.

Moving over to her, I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into me and kissing her on the mouth. Her mouth opened to me, her arms wrapping on my neck and her head tilting upwards to put more pressure to the kiss. Sucking in a breath, I revelled at the feel of her body on mine. I loved her plump limps. They were like peaches, ripe and succulent.

I could die a happy man after getting a taste of them. But I wish not to die yet. I had to show her first how much she meant to me. She was mine, and I do believe she loved me too. I just had to make my move, show her I was hers, and I intend to never let her go. No man shall have her, for she was mine.

Breaking the kiss, her forehead rested against mine as we both catch our breathe. Nuzzling her nose with mine, I kissed her one more time before pulling back with a smile. She smiled back and my heart clenched. Damn, I was the luckiest man in the world!

"You seem to be in a fairly good mood," Ava commented, leaning back to study my face. "Has the beach helped?"

"Partly. But it was me opening up to you that helped. I didn't know I was carrying a huge weight in my heart for years. Thank you for helping me." I softly spoke. A huge grin formed on her lips.

"I told you, you need an Ava Marquez in your life," she winked and I heartily laughed at her antics.

"Come, let's take a shower. Then, I will cook for you."

Her brows rose up, "We're taking a shower?"

"Yes," I simply nodded, her hand in mine as we took the stairs.

"Together?"

I paused, and looked back at her mischievous smile. "We'll spend an awful amount of time in the shower." I warned her "You'll be grumbling in hunger."