Chapter 26: Jealousy

Chapter 26

Iñigo Petrakis

"Primo, did you wake up at the wrong side of the bed?'

The irritating voice of my cousin, Miguel Avalon, taunted me as his hand tightened on my wife's form. Ava stilled underneath his arms and an involuntary growl rumbled out of my chest.

I was tired, hungry and excited to eat a meal when my eyes landed on the pair wrapped around each other. The image of their smiling faces so close to each other will forever be imprinted in my mind.

Red haze clouded my eyes as it settled on their arms. I wanted to wrip Ava away from my cocky cousin. I wanted to punch him and haul him far away from my wife.

Crossing the gap between us, my fist cracked, and my eyes shot laser beams. Before I can get my hands on him, the bastard gently pushed my lovely wife towards me.

"Oh dear---" Mama gasped.

Despite the gentleness of Miguel, Ava stumbled towards my form. On instinct, I reached out my hands to catch my wife. She cried out and sighed when her body fell in my arms.

"Iñigo no!" Ava cried out, pulling my sleeves in her grasps as I laid her on the floor and chased after my rowdy cousin.

"You can't catch me old man!" Miguel snickered as he ran towards my mother's form.

"Oh goodness! Stop this madness!" my mother cried out as Miguel held on to her shoulders and began ducking side to side to avoid my hands.

"Not until I wring your neck!" I growled, hands in the air as we circled on the counter.

"I was joking, primo!" Miguel laughed as he ducked his head "Man you've grown grumpier and grumpier over the years. How do you satisfy your woman when you only grunt all day long?"

Ava smothered a laugh, hiding it under her hands before crossing her hands firmly in front of chest.

"Guys, you should stop."

"Oy mate, you're woman told you to stop."

"Ony one punch, mi esposa." I pleaded underneath my lashes.

Ava's stern face slowly crumpled until she was biting her lip. I knew it was working for she was pursing her lips and trying her hardest to stay strong.

Eventually, her shoulders sagged and bowed her head. Looking up, she directed her gaze towards Miguel.

"Run."

One word and it was all it took for me to chase after my daredevil cousin and give him a swift punch in the face.

A few minutes later, I was grinning from ear to ear as we walked inside the dining room. Mom and Ava were already seated when we entered.

"Good you both are here." Ava spoke as I sat at the head table. "I thought I had to haul you two  off of each other."

Miguel grumbled as he sat next to Ava but he stopped when I glared at him. He shook his head and muttered "Possessive ass."

Sitting right next to my mother and across from Ava, he slumped on his chair and asked for an ice pack.

"I thought you were on my side sweet Ava." Miguel pouted like a kid. My eyes shot daggers at how he called my wife. Ava was mine. I should be the only one calling her sweet and giving sweet pet names.

Ava rolled her eyes "You almost trashed the kitchen where my hard cooked meals were situated."

"What can I do to earn your good grace?" Miguel charmingly grinned while I had to grit my teeth in annoyance. If he continued to bat his eyes like a fool, I was close to dumping my wine on his face.