Chapter 23: Hacienda de Avalon

Chapter 23

Iñigo Petrakis

I should have known my mother and my wife would plan all of these. No one would be able to successfully pull this off without the help of my mother. Considering mother likes Ava, I can tell the two women in my life worked together to fulfill their grand scheme.

Truthfully, I'm impressed. I thought one month of our cold treatment would be the end of our marriage but Ava surprised me once again with her audacious plan. Kidnapping me and tying me to her was an act only Ava Petrakis can do.

Shaking my head, I schooled my features as we neared the palatial home I grew up in. Ava pressed her face on the window as she stared at the green fields of our hacienda. Vineyards, plants and horses grazed our land as we neared the quaint home in Hacienda de Avalon

My mother was a Spanish noble from the Avalon clan and my father a Greek-American. Despite my blonde hair from my father, I was every inch a Spanish man with blue eyes and creamy tanned skin.

The gates of our home opened and we were greeted by the perfectly cut lawn and flowers on each side of the road leading to the circular driveway and unto the front staircase of my home.

"Wow! You lived here?" Ava asked in awe as we slid out of the car. Her eyes were wide open as she took the cemented yellow-cream home with vineyards on the wall. The ancestral home looked majestic with its stucco walls, wide arches and balconies, red clay tile roofs and wrought iron railings.

The familiar warm air of Seville relaxed my muscles that I took a breathe of air and inhaled it. I can smell the vineyard and horses from here. A smell from my childhood.

The wooden double doors of my home opened and the slim figure of my mother darted outside. She was all smiles despite being 65 years old. Her raven hair was marred with white hair on the sides, her once plump flawless face was now riddled with wrinkles due to her age and her once straight back was now a bit curved in posture. Yet the smile always reserved me for was there.

Deep heartache creeped on my chest. Ever since my mother and father divorced, I was taken by my father and no longer got to see her. I despised how she took a lover younger than her. When I was older I moved out of my father's house after finding out his pleasure from younger women. I despised them both yet my love for them know no bounds. I make it a point to visit them every chance I got but it soon dwindled as I got older. Now I'm back after almost 20 years.

Landing on the last steps, my mother quickly enveloped me in her steps. Her frail yet warm body and her rosewater perfume calmed the memories in my head. She still smelled the same.

"Hijo! I missed you!" She whispered in my ear. Pulling back, tears were in her eyes. Her eyes landed on Ava and a smile lifted her lips

"Ava! I'm so happy I finally get to meet you! I'm Celine but you can call me Mama!" Hugging Ava but paused when she saw our linked hands. She laughed at my cuffed left hand and Ava's right hand. "I thought you were joking when you mentioned cuffing him."

Ava grimaced yet chuckled "I thought he'll jump off the plane so I needed to be prepared."

"If I did jumped off a plane with our hands linked, you'll be coming with me." I drawled.

"All the better darling!" Ava cheered while I shook my head in merriment. Mama chuckled as well.

I looked back at home and saw our long time employees lining the staircase. I also noticed a missing person. Mama must have sensed my thoughts when she looked back and wiggled her eyebrows "No need to turn murderous hijo. I no longer have a lover."