Chapter 20: Punishment

CHAPTER 20

Ava-Marquez Petrakis

The Ice King was back.

Peaking over my lashes, I surreptitiously glanced over the golden haired man seated at the head of the table. He looked regal and composed with his pin stripped navy blue suit. His eyes looked ethereal with the clothes he was wearing and he looked every bit of a debonair with his golden hair falling on his eyes. His His attention was firmly on the man presenting in front while the other members of his board were scanning the contents of the folder.

He would occasionally nod his head as a sign of his approval while his lips would purse in a grim line when he disagrees with the presentation. He made occasional notes and give his opinion when he asked.

He was every bit the leader that he is. And I couldn't stop myself from admiring him more. At the same time I would like to smack his head for being such a stubborn oaf!

It has been a week since we last moved in and the bull-headed man made it his mission of drowning himself at work. He was back to his aloof and cold mask that it was an effort for me to put a smile on his face. I've been doing hundreds of ways to warm him up yet he was adamant in placing up his walls.

This husband of mine! He was fulfilling his promise of being a good husband by dining together at night and making love afterwards. Not that I'm complaining with our sexual activities because he made it his mission to tire me that I can no longer ask him trivial questions. I would always end up passing put from the rounds of sex that we had or he'll cut me off before I can talk to him.

When I wake up in the morning, he'll tire me again by making love in the shower that I'll always need a minute to breathe and stretch my own muscles.

I don't know where he was sourcing his energy but when weekend comes, I'll either be asleep in bed or lying in bed reading while he sort out his company and meet investors.

It was becoming apparent that he will fulfil his obligation as a husband yet shy away from love. And I'll be damned if I'll let him with his plan. I'm Avery Marquez-Petrakis and I am not someone who can easily be swayed nor be taken down. You better not run from me my dear husband because I will promise you that I will chase you even more. And what better way to implement my plan was to use all my best cards?

Grinning at my plan, I didn't noticed I made a giggling noise until everyone's eyes were on me. Shrinking back in my seat, I coughed out making it seem I had something on my mouth. They quickly resumed with their meeting. But I noticed the silent amusement in Inigo's eyes before he masked it again.

Glancing towards our schedule, I noticed a text message coming from Inigo. Frowning, I glanced over his form who looked nothing like a man who texts during meeting. Slowly, opening it my eyebrows raised at his question.

Inigo: What were you giggling about?

Smiling coyly to myself, I texted him back.

Ava: Oh it was nothing. Just a thought that passed in my mind...

Watching him, I saw him hide his phone on the folders in front of him and texted while still not taking his eyes off the presenter.

Inigo: Care to elaborate?

Grinning to myself, I quickly texted him back.

Ava: Darling, if I do elaborate, I wouldn't be held accountable for your response.

The distinct frown on his face was obvious and it made me grin even more. He glanced towards my form and he sighed as if reading my mind.

Inigo: Let me guess my dear vixen, it requires me and you in this room with your legs wrapped around my waist while I pound into you?