Chapter 33: Sunsets

CHAPTER 33

Ava Marquez-Petrakis, After the bomb Iñigo dropped to me, I was silent thinking to myself. Does he have feelings for me now? Turning towards the man beside me who was casually leaning on his seat, I thought really hard of when he could have liked me. I do know he was more gentle and caring the past few days, but when exactly? All I could think about were the memes and plans Miguel suggested to me over the weeks.

Argh! This is all Miguel's fault! If he did not challenge me with Plants vs Zombies, I would have seen the change in Iñigo. Glancing towards the window, my eyes widened as I saw the clear blue sea I only saw in pictures.

Swivelling to the man watching me, I asked "We're in Greece?"

His face broke into a grin and I was blinded by that smile. I'm betting my millions that his smile was only reserved for me. Damn! Damn! Damn! Iñigo Petrakis you are deadly to a woman's heart.

"We are, " he sounded still giving me that lopsided grin of his.

"Why?" I asked in confusion yet I couldn't stop the excitement in my seat.

"You said you never went to a beach after your parent's death, and you mentioned Greece earlier, so here we are." he casually spoke. My heart thudded in my chest as he remembered the words I've spoken. "Don't you like it?"

"I do. I just didn't expect you'd be inclined to take me to these places, " I spoke honestly at him "What changed?"

"Nothing. I just want to take my wife to a proper honeymoon, " he spoke kissing my cheeks "You deserve a happy life Ava, and I'm giving it to you."

All I wanted is your heart, I spoke in my head but decided against it. His face broke into a grin when we landed and held my hand when we went out of the plane. The warm sun and historical air of Greece greeted me. A black car waited for us in the runway.

"We'll stay at my bachelor pad here in Athens for 2 days as we explored the city." Iñigo told me excitedly as we entered the car "Then, we'll visit Mykonos and turn to Santorini. We'll head back to Athens and fly to Italy then to Germany."

My eyes widened with his words as the sped off to the busy road. "Wait, hold on. Those are the places I wanted to visit."

"I know." He simply replied, pulling me close to his body.

"Did you plan all of these when we were inside the plane?" I asked him in confusion. He slowly nodded his head, "Why?"

"Because you deserve the world, " he softly spoke caressing my cheeks as I melted into a puddle with the way he was looking at me "For years you've worked hard to take care of your sister. Now, let me take care of you. I'm starting it with this honeymoon, "

Tears lined up my eyes, pulling me in his lap, I buried myself on his neck. "You're too much. How did you get so sweet?"

He chuckled, his chest vibrating underneath me, "It was all because of you, " he spoke as I pulled back. Giving him a languid kiss, I sighed in contentment as hope and love blossomed in my chest.

When we reached Iñigo's place, we ate and rested for awhile before we explored the city. I felt like I was in a different time. Seriously. Just being in Athens and its historical places made me feel as if I have stepped through time. I looked like any tourist as I couldn't stop looking at everything.

We went to the Acropolis where I got an amazing view of Athens, the 2, 500 year old Parthenon, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Propylea. We also went to the Ancient Agora and the New Acropolis Museum. The sunset was beautiful from the Acropolis that I couldn't stop taking pictures of it.