Chapter 2: The Party

Chapter 2

Ava Marquez's POV

3 days ago...

Petrakis Empire Under Shambles

Leanne Green, ex-wife of Inigo Petrakis, caught in an affair with her father-in-law Saul Petrakis

Inigo Petrakis billionaire may not be a billionaire at the end of the year

I sighed as I read the headlines of the news for the past month. From the affair of Leanne to the state of almost bankruptcy of the Petrakis Empire, my heart goes out to Iñigo.

What kind of fortune cookie has he taken? Did he not know you have to trick the Chinese server to give you the best fortune cookie?

Or does he not wear red underwear for luck each day?

I do! It was what my mom used to tell me whenever I attended competitions or examinations. Perhaps he did not sprinkle coins in his office before starting his day. It's another trick my mom taught me.

Or perhaps he should have sprinkled salt water on Leanne before dating her to ward off bad spirits. Look at what it caused him. His company and his reputation!

It must be hard for him considering he grew up with his parents having multiple affairs. Now his wife is having an affair and his company is in shambles. He had suffered so much for the past year.

From a well-known billionaire to a laughingstock in the industry.

He should have waited for me. A woman like me will never hurt him.

I wanted to help him. Like desperately help him because I had the resources. But, how? He had been shutting off every business proposal I gave him. It was as if he didn't want to associate with a female anymore which is absurd!

Since when did he became a woman-hater?

Well, come to think of it. He hasn't been photographed with a woman in his arms for months! Has he finally sworn off women?

I should have been glad, because I no longer had competition but how in the world can I attract him when he did not want women?

Caressing the glossed photo of Iñigo on the magazine, I sighed and swooned at his ocean blue hooded eyes. Hair as bright as the sun, eyes as blue as the ancient jewels, and lips as sinful as the devil, Iñigo is the very picture of sin.

The suit he was wearing did not hide the hard contours and shapely form of his arms and chest. Plus the smirk on his face did nothing to my already heated libido. It only made me want him more.

The first time I met him I was a 15 year old girl mourning my parents' deaths. They died of a car accident on their way to work. I remembered giving a brave facade as I entertained our guests on my parents' funeral. I didn't notice him at first but it was hard not to. Iñigo Petrakis can swarm a whole space by just his presence.

Wearing a pin stripped suit, the then 25 year old millionaire, strode into the room and offered his condolences. I was tongue tied as I thanked him, for who wouldn't be? Before me was the most handsome man I have ever seen.

I thought he will leave after the reception but he stayed until the last guests left. It was when he took his seat and offered his hand to my delicate ones that I let the tears fall from eyes. He held me in his arms as I cried like a child. He offered no words, only his strong arms holding me, giving me strength in his own way. And it was in that moment I fell in love with him. I promised myself under my parents' graves that I will marry that workaholic beautiful man. He just have to wait.