Chapter 21: Marking

CHAPTER 21

Ava Marquez- Petrakis

If she placed her hand one more time on Inigo's arm, I will bury my knife on her long perfectly manicured hand, chop it off and offer it for dinner on her father's plate.

Who am I referring to?

Well, its no other than Ms. Danica Silverio aka the swelling botox faced woman who dared flirt with my man right in front of me, and the spoiled daughter of Iñigo's possible investor, Mr. Danilo Silverio.

Clutching the fork and knife on my hand, I gritted my teeth to keep the smile on my face even though I was itching to clutch and rip off her extensions. Iñigo briefly glanced way and knew the murderous take on my eyes. He coughed and slowly inched his body towards mine. He removed the traitorous hand of Danica on his arm and turned his attention to mine.

"Would you like some of oysters darling?" he brightly asked despite the murder in my eyes.

I pleasantly smiled at him. If anyone knew me, they know that smile was reserved when I was pissed. He knew I was close to cutting someone's hand, so he placed different dishes on my plate.

"Try these out darling." he light heartedly said, cutting out the steak into pieces for me "I know how you love steak."

"Thank you darling." I smiled to him as I caressed his arm. Danica glowered at my hand while I pierced her with my eyes.

"You are a very caring husband Iñigo." Mr. Danilo commented, unaware of the feud between me and his daughter. "I remembered the good days we had of my dear wife. If only she was here. I was hoping Danica can find a man like you too."

More like he was hoping Danica ended up with Iñigo. Over my hourglass body! I bitterly thought to my head. Reaching for the glass of wine to hide my pursed lips, I slowly sipped while I tried to school my features.

I heard him sing praises about Danica and their possible union when I was taking a call outside. Apparently, he reached out to Iñigo to invest in the company, but to also offer marriage between Iñigo and Danica. It just so happened that his meeting with Iñigo got cancelled, and I was able to convince Iñigo to marry me before Danilo could ever offer.

Realizing his almost marriage to the pretentious and narcissistic Danica, I couldn't stop thanking all the saints and angels for allowing me to marry him first. before Danilo was able to come back to the country and meet him.

He thought he could play matchmaker between Iñigo and his daughter by subtly talking about during their business meeting, but I think not. Before he can push the subject further, I made myself known to the duo's dismay. Iñigo was relieved to see me that his eyes lightened upon seeing me. He was even extra clingy and touchy to me when we got inside and found a table for four.

But I didn't like how Danica was seated next to him on the round table instead of across from him. Iñigo completely ignored Danica's advances while he charmed Danilo to talk about business and invest in his company.

It was only then I realized that Danilo was an investor in our company too. Now I had the bitter realization of working with him and seeing him. He wasn't as difficult as before, but I guess he was doing this to twist and use Iñigo into his favor. But clearly Iñigo he was being played at when he would deal with Danilo with his charm and power.

It was clear why Iñigo was the CEO of his own company. He had the skill, the knowledge and the charm. I wanted to kiss him for his talent but held myself. I didn't want to get punished again. The vibrator inside of me was still lying dormant after Iñigo sensed my mood. We both would have a fun time if we went on a lunch meeting with different people. But no, it was with a man who wants Iñigo as his son-in-law.