Chapter 11: Surprise Gift

CHAPTER 11

AVA MARQUEZ'S POV

We're at Emma's townhouse and the girls transformed Emma's living room into a party den. A stage was placed at the front complete with silver and gold metallic curtains, stage lights and a pole. The first time I saw her living room, I thought was in the film set of Magic Mike. In front of the stage were plush couches where the girls sat and handed out drinks. I sat at the throne they let me sit on and let me wear a cute pink baby doll dress.

"What do you need the stage for?" I asked Emma as she let me seat on the chair.

"Oh it's just something I thought of adding for last minute surprises."

My eyes squinted at her, "What kind of surprises?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if you would know, right?" she deviously replied.

I rolled my eyes at her. Fine, whatever her surprise maybe, it will surely be grand. Emma never planned something that wasn't grand. Ever since we were in middle school, she was known for creating the best projects and ideas.

No wonder she's the Head of my Design Team because she can create the best and innovative designs. I was good in marketing and adding a bit of flavour to her ideas, but Emma was a genius in her field.

She can turn something drab to designer outfits.

With her planning my bachelorette party, it was surely a night to remember. We all had fun playing different games, giving me gifts for my honeymoon which I will surely enjoy, chatted and danced until we were too tipsy and high from the alcohol.

I told them we were ending the party at 3am. I wanted my beauty sleep. I will not allow to look disheveled and stressed infront of Inigo. I wanted his eyes reserved only for me, and I will make him see that we were meant to be.

I loved him since I was 15 years old and I can't wait to make him mine!

"What are you grinning at you?" Emma asked me as she began eyeing her new toy. She won against Julie, our friend, from pranking a kiss with Emma's next door neighbour. I snickered as I can still remember the horrified face of Emma's handsome and sexy neighbour.

He had a deep scowl on his face when Emma sweetly knocked on his door. It was quickly replaced by shock when Emma grabbed his head and kissed his lips. To add to his shock was Emma flashing her boobs at him.

We all snickered and laughed as his face paled and slammed the door shot.

Emma was thrilled to have caused riot on his sexy neighbour. She'd been telling me for weeks how snobbish and rude her sexy neighbour was despite his handsome features. If I hadn't known Emma, I would have thought she was secretly crushing on Mr. Snob. But I knew her, and she just liked messing with men.

Glancing at my phone, I hoped Inigo was having fun. He's always been a bit serious and it was rare to see him smile. His lips were always in a tight line and a scowl was always present on his face like he was a bull dog ready to pounce on you.

"I was simply thinking of my husband-to-be." I replied. My forehead creased at the idea,"I hope he isn't with women or I'll have to wring his neck!"

He told he was out with his best friend Calyx and his guy friends. They'll probably spend the night at Calyx's place. I warned Calyx when we officially met after Inigo and I's engagement that he was not to bring any dancers or strippers to Inigo's party.

The flirtatious and carefree man nodded his head in agreement. He promised with his male anatomy that there won't be women, strippers or dancers. He should keep his word or else.