Chapter 10: The Proposal

CHAPTER 10

Ava Marquez's POV
Finally, that straight-laced Spaniard has finally cracked! Stepping on my gas, I broke every speed limit in the area. I would probably get a fine after this but I don't care. I need to see that beautiful man or I will have a heart attack from the excitement.

I let out a breath as I reached Rome and Ava's diner. Parking my car, I literally flew inside the restaurant where I was greeted by Rome and Grace.

"Hello Grace! Hello Rome!" I excitedly greeted upon entering the establishment.

"My someone looks happy." Rome teased as I was sporting the biggest grin on my face "Your man is waiting for you at your favorite booth."

Thanking them, I ran to our booth. My steps halted as I locked gaze with the man I've been in love since I was 15 years old.

"Iñigo." I breathed out as he stood up from his seat.

I excitedly bounced in my steps as I locked eyes with Iñigo. Finally. He looks as ravishing as always with his pale blue suit and slacks. He must have gone to the office before coming to meet me.

"Ava." he greeted but before he can say some more I kissed him on his lips rendering him speechless.

"Hello to you too baby." I smiled brightly at his stunned expression. He shook his head, amusement on his lips as he helped me sit down.

"I'm sorry I have to call you so sudden. Are you sure you are alright? Do you feel sick? Have you taken your medicine? Goodness I should have ordered food first!" his brows were furrowed in agitation for my health. This man he can really be the death of me when he acts all protective and worried.

Waving my hand on his face, I gave him a wan smile "I'm perfectly fine dear. You can even test how healthy and energized I am when were in bed."

He gaped out loud and coughed at my insinuation. Shaking his head, he chuckled "I tend to forget how bold your mouth can be Señorita."

"You should get used to it." I shrugged. Leaning on my seat and planting my arms on the table and my chin on my hands, I smiled brightly at him. "Now I want to know your thoughts on my proposal. Are you saying yes? I hope you say yes for I will surely give you your wedding night right now."

His eyes crinkled at my statement "You are incorrigible, Ava."

"Get used to it. Now, spill!" I urged him on excitedly. I can't stand the anticipation anymore. I want to know if he says yes or no. And I'm hoping its a yes.

Clearing his throat, he softly tangled his hand mine which was not making it easier for me to resist his charms. My heart is pounding inside my chest and the stupid grin on my face is enough to rip my mouth off.

"My parents' relationship with mine hasn't been the best. It only worsened over the years. My mother has offered to give my inheritance if I find a bride and remain a married man for 5 years." I gasped at his mother's conditions. I dont know if I should thank her or not because this definitely added fuel to her plan "Seeing you weak and sick because of the stress of work and our scandal, it dawned on me that I want to help you as well. So, I am accepting your proposal if you are still willing to take me in."

"Of course the proposal still stands you stupid idiot!" I reprimanded him "I've been waiting for this day for weeks!"

He chuckled at my glare "Alright. I have bargained with my mother to access a quarter of my inheritance considering she prefers you as my bride and the mother of my children."

"Really?" Who would have thought his mother prefers me.

"Yes. We can get a divorce after 5 years and ---"