Chapter 28: Ball

Chapter 28
Iñigo Petrakis

I should have known my wife was up to no good when she pushed me out of our room and took more than 30 minutes to put on the dress I bought her.

The party inside Avalon Manor was in full swing when I descended our grand staircase.

"Hola amigo! It's been a long time since you went home." Javier, one of my classmates in middle school, greeted me. Last I've heard about him is he managed his parents' shipping business.

"You remember our old schoolmates, Sanchez, and Ramon." He introduced two of our old classmates.

"I do. It's nice meeting you again gentlemen," I greeted them.

"We heard you married again." Ramon grinned "Ava Marquez as I have heard. I worked with her before when she helped managed our marketing campaigns."

"I heard great praises about her. Started her company from the bottom to up." Sanchez added "It must be heaven being married to her."

I chuckled as I remembered the look of annoyance on Ava's face when I bought her the cream dress. "It has been an eventful first month for the both of us."

"I always loved marrying a powerful and spitfire woman. How did you get one like her?"  Javier excitedly inquired "I tried courting her in the past but she won't say yes to any of us. You're a lucky bastard Iñigo."

"I truly am." I calmy replied although not liking the bit of information he shared. But I was thankful Ava chose me.

Excusing myself, I mingled with the Spanish aristocracy while my mother did her hostess job.

A few minutes into the party, I knew my suspicions were correct. There were more single men in the party than I actually wanted.

It only made me want to chain my wife into my arms when she finishes preparing herself. Glancing at my cousin who was grinning at the bar, I frowned as I thought of the suspicious actions of Ava.

She had been in a fairly good after we arrived at the Manor yesterday. She even grinned and chatted like she enjoyed her shopping trip.

Shaking my head, I thought of finally going upstairs to fetch for my wife.

Taking the stairs two at a time, I marched back upstairs only stop in my tracks when my gaze landed on the magnificent creature walking towards me.

Her raven black hair was curled and tied to the side, giving a slender outline of her neck. Her sensual eyes were hooded and outlined with brown eyeshadow, making her green eyes pop. A rose colored blush was on her fair cheeks and a gloss nude pink lipstick colored her lips.

But what truly made me backpedal on my feet was the sultry rose gold silk dress she was wearing. It hugged her figure showing off her beautiful physique. The one shoulder dress showed off her white smooth skin and the slit on her left leg revelead long slender legs.

Gazing back up, a mischievous smile was on her lips. Her eyes sparked with playfulness and I knew I had lost the game. There was no winning when you come into play with Avery Petrakis.

Chuckling to myself, I closed the gap between us and pulled her in my arms.

"You look ravishing mi esposa." I murmured into her ear. Lightly grazing my hand on her exposed legs, I felt her shiver when I blew sweet kisses on her neck "But this isn't the dress we talked about. How did you managed to buy a different dress?"

"I have connections that you don't have." She simply replied, pulling back "As much as I liked to hug you darling, I'd like to show off my new dress to our guests!"