Chapter 7: The Resto

CHAPTER 7

Ava Marquez's POV

Pulling Iñigo away, I left the book at the table and took the backdoor. Once we were far away from the library and from the people, I dropped his hand and angrily pointed a finger at him.

"What were you doing inside a library with your ex?" I angrily snarled at him "Need a remind you that agreed to give my marriage proposal a chance."

"And need I remind you that I lost from a deal hence I have to consider it."

"Unbelievable!" I angrily gasped at him "I am giving you a chance to make everything right and you're shying away from it? Why?"

"Why are you treating marriage so easily? Shouldn't the man be the one proposing?" He said deflecting my question

"Iñigo we live in the 21st century. Men and women now have equal rights." I gritted out "And I'm not treating marriage lightly. I've thought about it and I know we can work it out even if we started for all the wrong reasons. All I'm asking from you is to keep an open mind about it."

The frown on his forehead dimmed and he expelled a breath. Crossing my arms in front of my chest I asked him, "Now what were you doing with her?"

He expelled a breathe again and run his hands through his face "I don't know. I was busy reading when she casually sat right next to me. I didn't want anyone to see us so, I pulled her towards the shelves."

I nodded at him still not liking he was with his ex-wife. I'll give Leanne credit for being persistent. But I'm more determined than her.

"Ava?" He softly asked walking towards me and tilting my chin up "I'm sorry."

My eyebrows dipped above my eyes "What for?"

"You're right. I should keep an open mind on your proposal and I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier."

Cocking my chin to the side, I gave him my infamous smirk "I told you I'm right."

He chuckled at my haughtiness and I gape in shock at the sound of it. "What?"

"Damn Iñigo even the sound of your laughter was hot."

Oh shoot I did not just said that. My cheeks scalded, "I-I mean y-you're hot but I mean -umm never mind."

He chuckled at my embarrassment. Again. And are those two dimples on his cheeks. Whoa! No way!

Grabbing my phone, I quickly snagged a shot and posted it on my instagram account.

"Hey what did you just do?" He frowned trying to grab my phone. "Why did you post my photo?"

It was now my turn to frown at him as I look at my notifications "I think I should not have posted it. You gained over a hundred likes in just a few seconds. Look!" I shoved my phone in his face "Not once did I ever got these many likes at this kind of rate. No wonder we are being hounded by the paparazzi. Your beauty is lethal!"

Ignoring my ramblings, he continued to irritatingly frown at me "Delete that photo. The paparazzi will definitely be on our doorsteps asking for our relationship with that damn photo."

"Then let them. Besides we just told your ex-wife that I'm your fiance so, its only proper that I have photo of you on my social media account." I confidently told him, grabbing his phone from his pocket, I opened its camera and handed it to him "Here take a photo of me so she can show it to them."

I said striking a pose while he angrily closed his phone and placed it in his pocket. "I am not taking your photo."

"Fine. I'll just send you my nudes." I mischievously grinned at him earning me scowl from him.