12. A Runaway Yet Again

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 12

Audrey’s POV

I can’t believe I just did that. What is wrong with me?! How can I make a werewolf cry out in pain?

Jordan and Jake were staring at me and I did the only thing I could think of. I ran. I let myself fly. My strides long and quick. I think I really may have been flying. I must have been going as fast as the wolves. I’ve only seen Tyler in that form, but it’s no question that they would be fifty times faster than me.

I looked down. I was glowing! Sparks flying out from my body. Then I hit the tree line. I was zipping past trees so fast they were just a blur of brown and green. I jumped over a log. Maybe I pushed off the ground a little too hard. Or perhaps I’d just been running too fast. Rather than jumping a yard or so, I jumped about thirty feet! I was probably ten feet up in the air too. That isn’t normal! Is it even possible for a human? I don’t think so. Not even the greatest long jumper could have made that jump!

The tree was coming towards my face so fast I didn’t think I’d be able to dodge it. Just an inch away I successfully twisted my body so rather than my face taking the hit, it only grazed my shoulder.

My feet hit the soft grass and I half expected my knees to buckle under me at the impact. They didn’t and I just flew off again without having to stop for breath. It was completely even. I might as well have been sleeping with how soft and even it was.

But by this point, I was used to being abnormal.

Jordan’s POV

My mate was in utter shock and my shoulder was throbbing. She stuttered a little then took off running. I followed her on instinct. Kitchi and I weren’t about to just let her go off alone. I’d almost forgotten about Jacob. He followed me and we were hot on her trail. I know what you’re thinking.

Why aren’t we shifting to follow her? As Alphas (to-be’s. Whatever.) In human form, we are faster than the average were in wolf form even if we’re slower than our wolves. About the speed of a femme wolf. Being smaller than male wolves, they are faster. They’re faster than most wolves, just not nearly as fast as the Alpha. There is only one person who can be faster than the Alpha. And that’s the Luna. Which Audrey will be one day. Still she’s a human, so she wouldn’t be this fast. I’ll deal with it later that’s for sure.

Dashing outside I saw her break the tree line. How is she so fast? She only had like a three second head start! And the tree line is about fifty yards out! Shrugging out of my shirt and kicking off my shoes I thanked the goddess I wasn’t wearing anything fancy. I felt my body vibrate before I was on all fours following after my mate. Damn. I can barely see her.

Wait! Is she glowing?! WHAT THE HELL?! Okay, this is a little freaky. No, who am I kidding, this is crazy! My mate is glowing! And not in the “Oh huh, are you pregnant? Because you’re glowing!” kind of way that you would get from a great aunt. (At least she better not be!) This is literally glowing! It hurts my eyes. It’s that bright and my wolf senses aren’t helping. It only makes it even brighter. And are those sparks?! Ok now I’m scared.

This cannot be good. And now she’s jumping over a log and…I came to a stop, my eyes widened. She must be ten feet high and she going really far. That’s almost as far as a wolf jump, and not quite as high, but pretty damn close on both. But she’s…human. She dodged a tree and kept running. I lost my chance to catch up and I can’t even see her anymore. Even with my wolf senses. I could try to sniff her out, but I have a feeling she wants time alone. To think. So I barked and Jacob trotted over. I phased not caring I was stark naked.