11. Intruder

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 11

Audrey’s POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I groaned before hitting the snooze button with my fist. I was still angry about yesterday. So much happened in so little time. I’m still trying to process the information.

Sitting up I felt the covers pool around my waist. I wanted more than anything just to lean back on the headboard, close my eyes, and relax. But I can’t afford to.

I dragged my lazy butt out of bed and started getting ready. I took a quick shower before dressing into some jean capris and a green tank top. I have some work to do today so I pulled on an old baseball cap, pulling my ponytail through the back and headed to the yard.

Getting the lawn mower prepared I think of how Jordan always insists on doing the yard work. But I really do not mind. It gives me time to think despite the noise believe it or not. I pulled the cable to start it and got moving. Stopping every now and then to wipe some sweat off of my forehead.

I was almost finished when I thought I saw the flash of color up on the second story. Like the flash of a curtain closing. Weird, that was a guest room.

I stowed the lawn mower in the shed and walked across the lawn. The smell of freshly cut grass filling my nose.

I walked through the sliding glass door and into the kitchen. I saw Jordan there leaning against the island in the middle of the kitchen drinking coffee.

“Coffee is ready” I nodded and poured myself a cup. “Look cute today Rey.” He complimented. I blushed and turned back to stirring in cream and sugar. Jordan likes it black but it…ugh! It’s just so damn bitter! He chuckled, “Yard work?” once again I nodded my head.

I knew how much he hated the silent treatment. He sighed. Ah, was the little wolf catching on? “Rey?” I ignored him waiting for the fireworks. “Rey.” He said getting irritated. Yes, yes here we go. I almost smiled. Almost.

“Audrey Davis. Answer me!” I smirked before turning around casually sipping my coffee. I set the mug down on the counter behind me and crossed my arms stubbornly. I tilted my head to the side in a cocky matter. I made the ‘my lips are sealed gesture.’ Dragging my finger across my lip and pretending to toss a key over my shoulder. He glared at me from the island and I was wondering whether upsetting werewolves is just going to become a new habit of mine. I can’t help it, fighting them. It just comes naturally to me lately.

Jordan was getting edgier by the second and I couldn’t not raise my eyebrow. That did it. One second I’m leaning on the counter the next, Jordan has me slung over his shoulder and running upstairs. He stopped in my room and got me against the wall. “Why can you never just be honest with me?” Kitchi. My Jordan is gone, his wolf is now present.

Despite the chills in my spine and the pleasure I felt explode from wherever he was touching like fireworks. I’m not talking your everyday spark; no I’m talking the whole shi-bang.

“Seriously Rey! What did I even do wrong?!” It seemed like Jordan and Kitchi’s voices were mixed. Like they were merged. “And the silent treatment? Are you five?” I tried to break his grasp. “Oh no you aren’t going anywhere.” This is all Kitchi right now. Those moments Jordan was here, kiss it goodbye.

Kitchi leaned in. Very close I might add. There may have been only an inch between our faces. I could smell him. From his woodsy scent to his minty breath. I found myself wanting more of it and without really meaning too, I leaned even closer. To my shock, Kitchi didn’t even move back.