29. The Mother and The Father

Chapter 29— The Mother and The Father

Audrey’s POV

I took a deep breath as we stepped through the threshold of the Silvestris Packhouse. Julian was immediately engulfed in a hug.

“My baby! Oh my sweet baby has finally returned home!” She rocked him side-to-side as she hugged him as well as making comments about how much bigger he’s gotten.

When she let him go he cleared his throat and gestured to the rest of us, who were huddled by the door awkwardly.

“Mother, this is my beautiful mate Hannah.” His mother gasped and ran forward excitedly hugging her daughter-in-law.

“Oh Julian! She’s just precious! And look at those hips! Perfect for child-bearing! So hon, when am I going to be getting some grandbabies?” I wanted to laugh at her excitement. She seems like such a nice lady. She appeared to be in her mid fifties or so.

“Well mother, much sooner than you’d expect. We have newborn back home.” Julian explained.

His mother squealed again bouncing up and down on her heels. “Tell me, tell me, tell me!” Julian shook his head playfully at her. It was easy to tell he missed her just as dearly as she missed him.

“Her name is Tori Elizabeth Gray and she was born only last week.”

Her eyes watered and hugged him as she cried silently. “Thank you.” She whispered.

Pulling away she dabbed at her tears with her long sleeves. “Now, if you have a newborn, why on Earth isn’t she here with you?”

“Mom, the time I was gone, I was with Rogue Camp. They captured me and Hannah here, was born there. As was Natalie.” He gestured to the small child clinging to his leg.

He bent down to her level and gently whispered to her, “Natalie, this is my mother. She is a very kind-hearted woman. She will not hurt you, I promise. Would you like to say hello?”

She nodded and he smiled. She smiled back as he picked her up and placed her on his hip.

“Hi.” She whispered shyly burying her head in Julian’s chest.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself?” He whispered in her ear.

“I’m Natalie and I’m eight years old.”

“Hi Natalie. My name is Elizabeth. I am Julian’s mother. It’s very nice to meet you little one.”

Well, now I get why she cried. They gave Tori her name. She stood back up straight and faced Julian.

“You definitely live up to your bloodline Son, congrats.” We all looked confused but Julian beamed. Jeez, what is with him being the one to know everything?

“Bloodline?” Marco questioned

“Yeah. Did I never mention it guys?” Julian chuckled. “I’m the descendent of an original werewolf.” My jaw dropped and I heard gasps from around the room.

What?!” The twins chorused.

“Which one?” Alex asked.

“He was known as ‘The Father.’ He was known for his way with the young.” He explained with a small smile gracing his lips.

“Well, that explains things…” I muttered.

“So Julian, are you going to explain about this camp? Oh, and who these friends of yours are?” All of us that went to Rogue Camp squirmed uncomfortably under her questioning gaze. Julian nodded before gesturing for us to step forward.