16. My Kryptonite

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .

Chapter 16

Jordan’s POV

We still haven’t found her and today is Audrey’s eighteenth birthday. Alex and I went out to Audrey’s favorite restaurant and had lunch. Harvey’s is a barbeque place and their sauce is to die for. As wolves we eat quite a bit, apart from the stick thin sluts, that is. Normal wolves however adore meat and will eat much more than the average human.

When we come to Harvey’s we have to split meals. That’s how huge their portions are. The owners are in our pack so lots of wolves come around here. Usually either the girls will split and I’d share with Liam, but other times I split with Audrey or Alex. It really just depended on what we wanted.

Today Alex and I split Audrey’s favorite. Ribs. Their ribs are so tender. The meat literally just falls of the bone and melts into your mouth. The sauce of course gets all over you.

But that’s the best part. It’s fun. Harvey’s actually supplies bibs. We wear them too just as a joke. One time Liam had sauce on his chin so he kissed Alex and got all on her face.

I remember that was also the day Audrey almost needed medical attention. She laughed so hard she choked. On her lemonade. “Wrong pipe” she’d said. We laughed it off (after she very thoroughly reassured me she was alright) and continued our meal.

We all have a good sense of humor. We take pictures and they go on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Yep. We all have that stuff.

So Alex and I went to Harvey’s but our mood was pretty depressing. We ate our food, we wiped the sauce off our faces with napkins, we paid, we left. No laughing, no messing around. Boring.

“Jordan!” Alex snapped “Are you even listening?!” Alex’s top pet-peeves are someone ignoring her and Hollywood’s werewolf interpretations. I may as well be signing my own death certificate.

“Sorry.” I whispered leaning my head back against the back of the chair in my office. I was behind my desk moping before Alex came in. Did I mention I’d been in there for three days already? I left once to have lunch with Alex earlier and to use the restroom. That’s it.

“Jordan. Were you thinking about Audrey?” she whispered. I didn’t answer.

Alex sighed before coming around the desk and kneeling next to me. When I didn’t make any move to face her she spun my chair until I was making eye contact. She grabbed my hands and held them tightly. I made no move to fight it. I honestly couldn’t care less at this point.

Audrey was my personal drug. Taking her away from me is a cruel trick of the Fates. This is like withdrawal, and its cold-turkey. It’s definitely taken its toll on me. My senses are dulling, my speed is slowing, I’m getting weaker and weaker by the hour and worst of all—I’m slowly losing touch with my wolf. I haven’t heard from Kitchi in days.

“Jordan. I know this has been hard on you. You were closer to her than you were to anyone else. Even Marco. But she’d want you to be…not like this! I know her, she’d want you to keep a smile at all times and keep your act together. Keep this up much longer and you may never get the Alpha position. The pack could fail without a proper Alpha-to-be.” She tried to encourage. Just like Alex to slip some threats in there too. Too bad it didn’t work out very well.