20. 'Ohana' means Family

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 20— 'Ohana' means family

Audrey’s POV

I ran like the wind. Like a bat out of hell. We finally put our plan into action. It went smoothly, if you don’t count a minor shoulder injury. I’m alright though. The very pregnant Hannah is on my back. It’s been decided that we all meet up at this little motel in the middle of nowhere. It’s a tiny town called Benham in Oregon. (A/N Yes there is such a place as Benham Falls, Oregon. I have never been there nor do I have knowledge of the place. I am making all these details up. True or not, they came out of my imagination.) It’s populated by less than a hundred people and it’s in the woods so we should be alright. Jason and Cody ran together in front. They left a few hours ahead of us, clearing the way. Julian was leaving after us by an hour or so.

We were reluctantly leaving Bill and Linda—Hannah’s parent’s—behind. They claim to be too old for the stress of it. We had no choice. They wouldn’t come no matter how we tried to convince them. Linda had become a parental figure to me here. Bill as well. Leaving them behind is hard on us all. We need to leave though. My powers need to be protected, the twins need to go home, and Hannah and Julian need to be able to raise their child in peace.

Me? Even more than my powers, I need to see my mate. I’ve noticed patterns. It’s becoming harder to do things I’d normally be able to do. Using full speed or strength wears me out quickly. I usually pass out. I can still run faster than the rest though. That’s why I have Hannah, and Julian says he trusts me to take care of her. Though I could see in his eyes he wishes more than anything he could do it himself.

I have speed and strength that is about equivalent to about three Alphas. For now. This trip will take a few days. Getting from Washington to San Antonio isn’t exactly a day trip. Unless you have speed like mine. But we won’t split up like that.

Hannah and Julian took the news of my powers and my being a wolf pretty well. They were shocked to say the least but Julian was actually a bit relieved. ‘At least it explains why you could fight so well.’ He also said he suspected it, but didn’t voice it in case it offended me if he was wrong.

I stretched my paws out farther in front of me, taking longer strides. I can’t use full speed, but that doesn’t mean I’m slow. Even without my super-speed I’m still faster than an Alpha.

I pushed myself harder. We need to get to Benham before sundown. The sun was beating down overhead, but it was going to set soon and we’re hardly halfway there.

 Heard howling in the distance. Crap. I pushed my legs harder. Then I felt something wet on my back.

“Oh my goddess!” Hannah yelled.

Double crap. I skidded to a stop careful not to make Hannah fall. She slid carefully off my back wincing. She clutched her stomach with a groan.

I shifted back. This is so not happening right now. One, there are enemy wolves nearby. I’m sure of it. Second, how the hell am I supposed to deliver a baby!?

I’ve never really been around a baby. Well, there’s my sister by adoption, Arabella, I suppose but I don’t remember it much. I was so young when she was born. God I miss that little twerp. I smiled a bit.

Well, I guess I’ll have to wing it. Let’s see, in all those hospital dramas and such they just said ‘push’ right? Oh my goddess, what if she needs a C-section?! Crap, crap, crap!