10. The Smurf

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 10

Audrey’s POV

I kept waiting for Jordan to say ‘Gotcha!’ but something in the back of mind thought it was real. But that would mean I’m hugging a wolf. An actual wolf. Who walks on two feet—kind of—and talks. Talk about creepy.

Suddenly Grace walked in. She cleared her throat. Kitchi the wolf growled and held me tighter. I stiffened. Well this is awkward.

“Let go.” I whispered hoping Grace couldn’t hear.

“No.” he whispered hugging even tighter. How was that possible? I looked up at his face. The wolves were still present.

Grace said, “Hello? Still here!”

“Jordan…” his eyes narrowed. Oh right. “Kitchi, sorry.” He looked at me for a second before letting me go. I took a few steps away from him. Pain flashed in his eyes. I felt his pain as if it was my own. And I almost couldn’t stand it.

Strange. It was the same way earlier when I saw Tyler in pain when I left with Jordan. I figured it was just a mate thing. But now that I feel that for Jordan/Kitchi, maybe it’s a normal thing. Man I am in so over my head…

“So…” Grace began. She was shifting her weight uncomfortably. “What’s, uh, going on here?” I was about to tell her nothing. But Kitchi had other ideas.

“Well I’d love to explain, but unfortunately you are here. So I cannot.” Grace’s eyes widened. I gasped in anger.

“Jordan!” his jaw clenched. I rolled my eyes. This was going to take some getting used to. “Kitchi!” Now it was Grace’s turn to be shocked.

“Kitchi? Why are you here? Why isn’t Jordan in control?!” she asked

“It does not concern you.” He spat

“Actually it does! I’m an Alpha’s daughter and Audrey’s best friend. And if you’re here, she could be in danger.” Kitchi scoffed

“Like I’d hurt her!” He was furious. I could tell because he was shaking like a thousand volts of electricity were passing through his body. And if looks could kill, Grace would be six feet under.

“How dare you suggest I’d hurt my ma…my sister! My friend! Ugh! Whatever! I would rather die than hurt Audrey!” his voice echoed through the house. Across the marble floors and out the window. They probably heard him a mile away.

“What do you mean?” I asked. I knew we were close but he just sounds like some overprotective boyfriend. Seriously! What. The. Heck?

“Look. I’m sorry. I promise I’ll explain everything later.” With that he swiftly kissed my forehead and left the room. Leaving me with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion and Grace shaking her head suspiciously.

“What was up with that?” I asked her

“I don’t know. Come on. Let’s change then we can go to the mall.”

After changing out of our suits we hopped in my car and took off. We arrived at the mall to see none other than Piper. She walked up to us followed by her equally—and possibly even more—stupid posse.

One of them, Amber, blew a bubble with her gum before speaking. “Heyyyyy! I like, heard that, like, you like, came back! And I, like, just wanted to, like, totally welcome you, like, back! I like, so totally missed you! We should so like hang out!” After I took out the like’s, so’s, and totally’s I was able to understand it. To an extent.