19. My Not-So-Secret Mate

Copyright 2013 - All Rights Reserved ©

Chapter 19—My Not-So-Secret Mate

Jordan’s POV

The nerve of him! It took all I had not to rip him apart. I slammed the door. I wanted to kill him. I knew I couldn’t, but I really wanted to. My father. The man who was trying to ruin me.

TEN MINUTES EARLIER

“Jordan. You’re 24. We think you should date some suitable Luna candidates and find a mate. Your time is almost out.” My heart dropped to my feet. My brain went into overdrive. I felt like I was going to be sick. Find a new mate? Replace Audrey? What?! I wanted to scream at them. Use colorful language and flat out tell them no all at the same time. My eyes were the size of tennis balls, no. I take that back. My eyes were the size of bowling balls! My jaw was on the floor.

            I heard my sister gasp in horror and my best friend curse under his breath.

'           All of a sudden Kitchi took over and growled. I let him. I was too far gone. I was in shock.

            I knew one thing though. There was no way I was even attempting to replace Audrey. This was just going to encourage me to find her faster. My father was right, my time is almost gone.

“No!” Kitchi snarled.

“No?” My mother asked confused “Jordan we’re merely suggesting you find a woman to love. Someone to cherish forever. Now of course I’m not saying to mate the first woman you see but—”

“I said no!” I boomed. My mother looked taken aback.

My mother was a sweetheart. I love her to pieces. She’s gentle, kind, caring, and any other pleasant thing you could think of. She has a heart of gold. She was short and plump with light hair that framed her gentle features.

But right now—I couldn’t care less. My parents are suggesting I find a different mate. I mean, it’s not like they know about Audrey, but you would be upset too!

“Do not talk to your mother like that! Have some respect!” I glared daggers at my father. He’s a great Alpha and a great leader. Father though doesn’t much fall under his strong points as you can see. He was always so busy. Alex and I barely saw him growing up.

What if I end up like that?

No. I refuse to. He could have made more time for his family but he chose not to. Not that I care. Mom was all I needed. I still have my Alpha lessons with him, but other than that I don’t see him, nor do I feel a need to.

“I refuse.” I growled dangerously taking a step forward. “I will not be dating Luna candidates.” The words alone left an ill taste in my mouth and though I spat them out with venom and disgust, my father was almost entirely unfazed.

“Excuse me?” my father asked in a calm—but deadly—storm. He stepped in front of my mother in a protective stance. The phrase, the calm before the storm describes my father perfectly.

My mother rolled her eyes, scoffed and mumbled, “Boys.”

I smirked. “Oh mother that is hurtful. We are not boys, but men.”